Sunday, January 30, 2011

Don't just sit there!

via Dainty Squid


Listening to
Architecture in Helsinki - The Owls Go 
Aeroplane + Friendly Fires + Flight Facilities - I Crave Paris
Charlotte Gainsbourg - Dandelion
Pheonix - Too Young
Iron and Wine - Tree by the River
Taken By Trees - Watch the Waves
Traveling Wilburys - Handle With Care - this sounds so much like Roy Orbison
Jenny Lewis - Handle With Care
Little Joy - Brand New Start
Smokey and Miho - Blue Glasses
Land of Talk - It’s Okay
Mirah - The Forest
Lisa Hannigan - Lille
Xiu Xiu - Clown Towne


via Old Brand New.




I forgot how nostalgic Dial and Deal on the radio is. One guy in a radio booth taking calls from people trying to sell their belongings. I don't need anything just find it fascinating we still do this. 

I commented on Adiaphane's blog post discussing getting odd looks from people because of the way she dresses. I had forgotten this story...
Once I was at a race track (yeah long story) with my husband and dressed a little oddly. Got some stares and was feeling a little uneasy until one of the girls came up and asked if I was Gretchen Wilson (the country singer) I laughed said no. She looked under my hat, squinted to see through my glasses and said she didn't believe me. So I always just assume when I get weird looks they must think I'm someone famous! Works for me! Here's a cute pick of Adiaphane...


And now off to middle school basketball. Far away game. 




Some inspiration from Tammy Tutterow.


More wiener dog art for Yo via Dainty Squid

via Ciao Bella
Why can't I get black leggings/jeans/slacks that look this stylish (and no it does not matter that she is 6ft tall 100lbs)

via Poppytalk a cut light set up with paint cans







1 comment:

Yolanda said...

thanks for the dog art