Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snowmageddon

Well we'll see. That's what they are calling for anyway. So we are home from school with not so much as an inch on the lawn so far but it should be coming down anytime now.

This has been one hectic week. Monday I spent in Columbus at my favorite consignment store One More Time because of their biannual clearance sale. Then mom and I stopped by a few other boutiques and thrift stores before capping the day off at Anthropologie. I forgot my camera!  I know! So I'll just have to write more than usual. Loving to eat at new restaurants and trying to get home earlier than usual we stopped at WG Grinders for dinner and it was fabulous.

Tuesday (after my car wouldn't start) I had a rough conversation at work so I went in that evening to work for a few hours getting paperwork and statistics together to help out the situation. Only to find out Wednesday that all that legislation has been put on hold with the new Governor. Well poop.

Then Wednesday (after my car wouldn't start again- and yes we charged it) I had more tough conversations at work, then stayed after to work and then catch a ride to a Phi Delta Kappa meeting that evening. Bringing me home at 9:00 pm. Have I mentioned how much I like being home? I don't mind the work. Usually I love my job and the kids and the staff but times are tough for outside reasons and it is a dark depressing time. So I guess after all this God has looked down on me and said, "stay home." And that I shall do.

Sipping Jasmine Blossom Green Tea
However Ms. Martha has some perfectly delightful hot drink recipes over here that I might try today including this cappuccino.

A new book talked up on the blogoshere...

 More bunting inspiration!
these are from rockstar diaries


 Some inspiration for library decor from todayandtomorrow.net...


 and a new blog I've been checking out lately Anthropoloholic...

and Keikolynn, why oh why can't I get bangs like this?

Oh Joy has a cute idea with paper bags and brads

Cute Valentine decor from etsy on a whim

other cute val idea via the long thread found on Alphamom

cute dog patchwork pillow on apartment therapy. I have got to learn to sew.

and finally I think Modern Family's Caught in the Act episode may have surpassed Strangers on a Treadmill as my favorite episode!







1 comment:

Stephenie Eriksson said...

Hope you are finding time to relax and enjoy time away from work. I do miss you!!! We were on the same page with the book decor...I posted something similar from Anthropologie's page. I LOVED Modern Family this week! We caught up on the DVR last night, and I laughed until I cried. Yeah...that may be the funniest episode yet. See you Monday!