Ending the day with my own little Oscar party. I finally figured out how to join Adored Austin on chat by joining twitter, although now i don't think i had to join twitter at all I just jumped the gun thinking i was late but time zone confusion. But i enjoyed chatting fashion during the red carpet part and hearing what fashionistas were thinking.
Earlier today i attended a memorial service of a family member of some friends... the man, age 92, flew 92 combat missions in WWII and sang opera, and kept scrapbooks for all of his grandchildren, and wrote little songs and funnies for local events... what a beautiful memorial with family members reading scripture and telling stories of such a wonderful man... but that we all live such a full life...on the way back home i spotted some wildlife and pulled over for a few pictures. then i spotted this...
yes in the middle of Highland County a zebra... why? i guess the alpacas and donkeys needed company...
It is embarrassing how much i look forward to a Vanilla Coke Zero. Seriously. In January i was just going to stop drinking any pop by goodness i looked forward to the fizz. So i continued but now i have to say not until noon and then just one. It is better than looking for something sweet after lunch. it's comforting really. it is especially comforting when i'm at work because then it breaks up the day, or when we are running around with errands or shopping, it just feels like a treat.
Sally gave me Life is Meals: A Food Lover's Book of Days a few years ago for Christmas and I've been working my way through it. In January I tackled Creamed Chipped Beef p 20. I made a sort of gravy and added the chipped beef then piled it on toast. I liked it but didn't love it. John tried it. no comment.
"Proverbs 29:11 A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. " I need to staple that to my forehead :)
Everyday we see wildlife on the little cutoff we discovered last fall. The deer have worn a path crossing the fields each morning at about the same time we pass through- slowly. Last week the boys spotted a female coyote but somehow i was just looking at their break lights murmuring "Come on! We are late!" Darn it i would have loved seeing that girl...
Eating: I made egg salad for breakfast while listening to NPR's Splendid Table. She is a genius- seriously. Then on the way back from the memorial service i stopped at Terry's Grocery for a deli sandwich, Baked Lays and a Stewart's Key Lime Soda. yum. not low cal but yum none the less.
I did make a gift bag and card for Madeline and Sally and wrapped up homemade frozen strawberry jelly. The idea for using the Anthro bag is out of Green Craft Magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment