Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Personal Plan Goes Awry

I have a personal plan in mind for everyday but then... life just happens. We decide to eat together at a restaurant in order to see each other since the boys are headed to practice and I'm headed home. We decide today is a good day for bub to visit the barber. Craziness ensues and i barely get laundry started and things put away before the boys are headed home. So be it. I do think I've gotten so much better at handling this and not being so hard on myself.
I decorated the library for spring yesterday. Sometimes people make no comment about a display but yesterday numerous people said "Oh Spring!" when they visited yesterday. It's sad when even the students don't want to see one more snowflake!
I picked up Jon Katz My Year With Dogs yesterday and I couldn't put it down today. I like my dog more than i like most people so it comes as no surprise i love this book about a guy musing about the dogs in his life, especially since they are labs!
Reading Eccless. currently and it finding wisdom in all those proclamations. "4:6 Better one hand of tranquility..." "4:9 Two are better than one" "4:12 a cord of three strands is not quickly broken." I've also been reviewing my prayer book I've had since 2003? amazing how many prayers have been answered and yet how little things change. One reoccurring prayer is "Father help me to understand what is keeping this person from knowing you..."

No comments: