Monday, March 1, 2010

Tweet Tweet


I actually heard "tweet, tweet" today when walking marina this evening. My iPod blinked low battery when i was watching Allie McBeal on the treadmill. I tried to finish while walking but just a few steps in it died. Silence. Prayer. Mind wandering and birdy sounds. Sophia the golden from the end of the street greeted us. Bless her heart we called her Old Sam for 3 years until a few months back i hollared "hi Old Sam" and looked up to see her owners puzzled looks. They set me straight and Sophia actually acts pleased we now know her name. We also saw Gunner, Mozingo's little dog. He came after Marina when she decided to pay him no attention. She set to chase and he retreated. He's about a tenth of her size. Men- they never get how far out of their league they are.
I finished reading Black Elk Speaks and started Going Bovine by Libba Bray. Also read a little of A Dog Year by Katz. Continued working my way through reading my Quest Study Bible, and Making the Most of Today: Daily Readings for Young People on Self-Awareness, Creativity, and Self-Esteem- Espeland and Wallner, and listening to The Year of My Miraculous Thinking - Didion (love her insight on difficult times, death, and dying.) I'm just reading Making the Most of Today because it is in the library and I started it. Very teenager girl slanted but I do like the quote headings. I have already read this year: Love in the Present Tense- Hyde (my new favorite book!), The Girl who Played with Fire- Larsson (very edgy, disturbing and disturbingly entertaining), Graceling- Cashore (YA fantasy). Last year I read 63 books which is a record. I'm shooting for 70 this year and I'm a little behind at 1.3 a week.
The Day After Tomorrow is playing on the telly in the background. This is another movie I tune into every time it is on. I was actually hoping You've Got Mail would be on when I came home from my walk because I was playing The Cranberries at work today and realized they sing Dreams from the soundtrack... ahh very comforting. Of course I just watched some of it yesterday tuning in at

"Mary Chilton died which makes one less person I'm not talking to..." "Don't you love NY in the fall? I'd send you a box of sharpened pencils if I knew your address."

This makes about the 12th time this year I've listened to my absolute favorite all time movie~ great background for scrapbooking~


I found another DaShannon while googling to see if my blog popped up. We chatted back and forth and then friended each other. After 37 years it is really odd to think someone shares my name and see how our lives are alike and different.

My first 6 books to review this season appeared on the doorstep Saturday... due back April 15th... yikes now is when i think 'what was i thinking?!?' this year's category is adventure writing... hmm... there are books on cycling, diving, canoeing, sailing and a father traveling in memory of his family... they do look promising!


Yesterday hub and I ate dinner at Red Lobster ALONE. Yeah, bub was at a friend's so we chose an adult restaurant and TALKED- i know! It was quite nice. We both analyzed a situation a friend is in and made predictions. Got home and got a phone call- we were so right :) Wow we should talk alone more often just think of all the problems we could solve!
Exercise plan= 25min. treadmill, 40min. walked marina
Eating plan= wwtoast w pb, SF cappuccino, 32oz. water, left over Red Lobster, Coke Zero vanilla, salad and sausage, Carbmaster yogurt = went well today even though I almost let the stress get to me while checking the bank account!
Spending plan= talked bub out of Gold Star

No comments: