Working five whole days with kiddies this week after all those snow calls, please, this was W_O_R_K. Seriously. It's an adjustment just to have to listen again for so long. Of course with cheer tryouts/judging last night and sports practice back in play this week, it was a bit hectic. It just makes Friday evening at home that much sweeter.
I am craving to create but I had to pull the house back together first. Hopefully tomorrow before/after games i'll get some desk time.
I'm loving A Dog Year- Katz but oh such a sad chapter today in Katz's life with his companion. i so understand his feelings for the furry and especially b/c he is talking about labs and a border collie and Marina is a mix of each i can see her bloodlines when he is talking about the breeds. she used to really try and herd us especially on our walks but we've settled into it and he's so right you each learn how to handle each other and once you get alpha dog status they just follow and know...
We all got up late this morning... we've got to get a handle on it and just do it. If we knew that a. m. was coming no matter what time we went to bed we'd adjust.
Eating plan: shot today. hub treated me to a sugar free cappuccino this morning and i never remember to eat breakfast when i'm drinking them. no lunch packed since i didn't get home until 9pm last night. hub brought me Gold Star - a hamburger, fries and a coke- so not worth the calories. Since I hosted a going away reception i had to partake in the cake and punch. also not worth the calories. after a tense few hours with bub trying to get out of the house for the evening and me trying to stay in I found comfort in a whole wheat grilled cheese and potato soup with a glass of milk after hub and bub left for a dodgeball tourny.
Exercise plan: just a few days this week unfortunately. today walked marina around the block. that's all.
My personal plan needs to be visited many times a day to keep my focus. I see it early then slide down the hill toward my comfy bed and fall asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow.
All those book fines added up to $60. on Amazon today so I'm looking forward to displaying some new books.
I wore my hot pink puffy vest today over a few layered henley and spring green khakis. hub called it my 'ski vest' without being asked for an opinion after he asked mine and he didn't like my opinion. softy. don't ask when you can't handle the truth!
I decorated for spring in the library on Monday but i'm just now taking down all the winter/snow decor here and i can't believe how all the little snow crannies hide. Embarrassingly enough i forgot i hid the pumpkin behind a snow man because i couldn't throw out a perfectly good pumpkin! well let's just say i should have... like a few weeks ago... opps!
Girlfriend started reading Truck by Michael Perry yesterday and mentioned it today... i wasn't sure she would like it but she does. I think Michael Perry and I could be related. Brother and sister definitely. Gardening, NPR and just stream of consciousness. I need to review my notes for the book to get in the mood for planting...
No comments:
Post a Comment