Saturday, March 6, 2010

Think the boys are ready for spring?




There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. ~ Jane Austen
I love staying home and Jane Austen but enjoyed neither today. Bub had basketball games almost 2 hours away. So my family and hub's dad and bub piled in the sub.

Back in January, I had forgotten how exciting it was to get a package until I found a box in the mail for me… I opened it and found a new book- The Writing Diet, a blank journal, and a card from my friend Bev. We scrap together once a month and we were talking about really trying to get back on track this year. She thought this might help… God love her- I really appreciated it. Julia Cameron is the author and she points out “weight loss is a common by product of creativity” which I believe. I crave to create and when I don’t I feel life slipping past me.
When I was trying to pull my house together for the staff book club coming to my house I started trying to see what it looked like through someone else's eyes. Yikes! I love creating and decorating and collecting and it shows in every nook and cranny of my house. But in the end I also thought well the look i'm going for is quirky and artsy and inspiring. i feel calmed and peaceful when i walk through my house so i hope that is how they saw it. Of course as soon as i would get it clean bub would "redecorate" all over everything because it seemed like he was sick the whole month of january and part of february... really... but the upside was the house was REALLY clean and sanitized.
Finished A Dog Year by Jon Katz and loved it... just comforting or commiserating but a good read. Georgette from book club will like it for sure and maybe some dog loving students. Now I really need to get busy on these books I need to review for Foreward Magazine. 13 more showed up today. In addition to the 6 from Monday. Yikes! So my two categories are Adventure and Mind, Body, Spirit. Looks like some good ones in both categories though so I'm excited and not too daunted.
Eating Plan: not too bad today given we were on the road- egg salad on wwheat toast, Crystal lite, Wendy's small chili w cheese, baked potato w butter and water, Damon's grilled chicken with cheese, 2 rolls w butter, small serving of onion loaf, water, Coke Zero and a yummy Bare Naked chocolaty cherry Grain-ola bar, jasmine tea
Exercise Plan: walked Marina for 45 minutes this morning before leaving

No comments: