Sunday, September 26, 2010

Welcome to Autumn

I celebrated the first day of autumn with autumnal colors...


then because our temps this 'autumn' are still in the 90's promptly returned to crop pants~


this is one of my favorite button ups since the alligator graces the top~


that's 'lucky' no matter how unfortunate my photos turned out for the day :)


This is probably a much more librarian look of Charles Anastase via Fifi Lapin...

she would maybe sit behind this desk via Dainty Squid
from recyclart

We found out yesterday our contract negotiations have come to an end and we will be voting soon but best case scenario we get no raise and health insurance goes up some. So we will actually have less money this year than last and that my friend is a first. A scary first. I know we live a little above our means but we just got to where we weren't charging more than we could pay off in a given month and still felt like we were living out our lives in comfort. Facing this we need to pare down and reconsider some things. That being said I had another Smores cappuccino yesterday that was just heavenly. 

Another cute project from Martha Steward but her page wouldn't load correctly, maybe because the pickle advert just would not stop loading, geesh- take it easy on all the adverts please.


The boys had the fall fishing tourney this morning so I took marina over to the dock to swim while I waited for the boys to float by so I could throw them their sandwiches for lunch. They came in 6th I think which was non paying... and bubs fell in with his phone in his pocket. Seriously 3rd phone of ours to take a swim THIS YEAR. Will they never learn to put the phone on the boat?


a pretty pose via Poppytalk...




Super Natural Botanicals states today that if you do a moderately strenuous workout for at least 30 minutes a day (and by moderately strenuous, that means sweating most of that 30 minutes), you can reduce your risk of developing breast, colon and endometrial cancers by 20% – 30%. Why oh why do I struggle to get up in the morning and do this? HUGE PAYOFF


love these via Francesca's Collection and the whole boots with a dress idea... just not sure I've got the legs for this... cute look book this time around, they've stepped up their game







Picked up at the public library: 


movies: Recount, Monk Season One, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Dr. Strangelove, Duplicity


books to review: 
The Story of Stuff: How our obseesion with stuff is trashing the planet, our communities, and our health- and a vision for change, 
The New Good Life:Living Better than Ever in an age of less, 
Drink this not that- I have lots of the other paperbacks by this guy and the boys like reading it in the car


Magazines: Sunset: Living in the West with some great articles on National Parks and highlighting the blog mrhomestead.com


Ms. Women Take Back Food is the cover article so couldn't miss that.


I finished this year's Newbery Award winner, When You Reach Me and it is fabulous. Lots of Wrinkle in Time references so that gives you a little hint of what's going on but truly touching and I'm glad the award went to a worthy book this year that all ages can enjoy.


Also finished What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know by Sonja Sones. Both books I've read by her have been in alternative formats and I'm ok with that but for some reason these books are so top skimming I barely remember that I've read them much less what they are about in the end. And this one is yet another boyfriend cheats on the girlfriend who holds back and then she forgives him. Sick of those. Really. I can't even recommend without saying please come talk about this with me when you are finished. 


Now reading Life at these Speeds by Jeremy Jackson because a male student turned it in saying he has never finished a book and loved this one. It's good from the first word. 

1 comment:

koralee said...

Thank you for your sweet comment you left me...I love your Fall post....your outfits are adorable.

Hugs for a great Sunday.