Saturday, September 18, 2010

Styling

Starting my day with Essencha Tea House's Caramel Creme tea...

A new take on What I Wore Today  Gabbi Kræpelien


This year I've gotten hooked on Project Runway and finally this morning I watched a few episodes of The City and the word 'styling' keeps coming up. So I must add styling to my list of hobbies and interests because that is exactly the part of the process I really enjoy!  Whitney was selling her line of Whitney Eve on the show today and they mentioned they don't have a model available because well we are in a recession... interesting to know it hit the fashion world also. Of course right after that she mentioned she is a size 2 with big boobs so that hint of oneness didn't last long. Tuesday one of my students told me she liked 'how I put it all together today' I think that means styling too right?

A cute wreath tutorial from Living with Lindsay via Where the Lovely Things Are (i think)

Oprah announced Freedom by John Frazen as her new book club read; I've heard so much about it so far it is now on my immediate read list so I can benefit from her discussion. Her 25th season opening this week has been fabulous. Very emotional with lots of revisiting old guests like the aids forum back in 1987, the warrior mom who was attacked by a flesh eating bacteria and a young Oprah wannabe. The reason I constantly revisit Oprah is because she gives of what she has and seems to get that that is what the universe asks of us. Let's Take the Long Way Home is another one I'm hearing a lot about lately. I think maybe by Gail Caldwell. She read from it on my NPR book podcast today.

Rue Magazine shows promise and I like that they put it all out there online to peruse in addition to picking it up in the store. Part shelter, part fashion, some foodie articles, I'm liking it.




I might need to update my cord collection with these skinny cords from the Gap if I can come up with a good coupon.


My college suitemate texted me Sunday that she was in my neighborhood so I wrapped up a lunch with a few of our football players and headed over to Sam's to enjoy a frozen coke while she restocked up on Hussman's Potato Chips

I finished When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead. It won the Newbery last year and is much deserving. It could go down to probably about 6th grade but is enjoyable through adulthood. In the vein of Stargirl, Lightning by Koontz, Simple as Snow and others that keep you wondering what is going on up until the end. 



I'm about half way through the American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld and I like it much better than Prep her earlier novel. We are reading this with book club since she will be one of the authors at Books by the Banks where our club is meeting in October. 

"It is nice to be important but more important to be nice." I often scribble notes in the car but this one I found in hubs handwriting. 

I actually made my goal of growing nails this summer and then this week one chipped and then another and then well back to the beginning. And I didn't even get a picture to prove it!

Yesterday a student was helping me out behind the counter it was so busy. He walked to the computer and grabbed my drink cup in his right hand. We all paused to look at him... "What? You always have a drink in your right hand when you go to check out a book!" funny guy. true. funny guy. tell me they aren't paying attention.

Stopped by the public library again yesterday. I'm trying to get in there once a week to lend my support. They have so much to offer and I don't want to see that fade away because we all got too busy.  Picked up the new Nicholas Sparks- for a friend though really. I've had enough Sparks this year. But they had the new one so I couldn't pass that by. I wonder if they take things as personally as I do when my new babies aren't being loved?

Had a delicious pumpkin spice cappuccino yesterday from hubs. Man that guy loves me and my lumps :) I always tease him while I'm trying to cut weight and ask "what you like fat girls?" and he always replies, "I like happy girls and my girl is happy when she eats good food." Who can argue with that?

I was hoping Nikita was going to be another spy/action go to DVR but alas no it was a X.

We stopped by CVS to pick up 2 expensive bags of Dove chocolates for bub to make Vote for Me labels for and pass out to gain votes for student council. I smiled at how he does this every year and luckily yesterday after he gave his speech before the school this is another year it has paid off. Whew. I think I am more nervous with these things than he is. 

You've Got Mail... AGAIN so yesterday my September issue of Vogue finally showed up and today the October issue... really?

I have an English degree and I had to think today when I came across the work hyperbole what it meant. I'm pretty sure that means I've been out of the classroom too long. or just long enough considering :) you'd think I use this word on a daily basis

The geese are on the move outside today. It has been so moderate here I've had the studio door open all day while cleaning and creating at my desk while battling a cold. 

Hubs just came back from dropping bubs off at the grands to fish and brought me a strawberry lemonade that is fabulous from UDF. 

Stumbled upon this verse this week from Isaiah 61: They will be called oaks of righteousness a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor. 











1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love my girl Lindsay and that fabulous wreath!