Saturday, September 4, 2010

A lovely Saturday on the way to Fall~

A more casual Friday...

A closer look at that necklace. I made this lots of years ago at a pottery artist class. I didn't mean for it to turn out looking like palm trees and a lady but it does. And I love it for it. 

I picked these black earrings up in Columbus this summer somewhere I can't remember. But I love them. Black Roses. They fill in a gap in my collection.

And a closer look at those fabulous heels by Guess. 

Friday on the way to work a raccoon ran across the road right outside the lake entrance. I don't know why seeing wildlife frolic on my way to work always slows me down (literally) and makes me smile. 

I finally just picked up the September Issue of Vogue at the library since mine has yet to come. I guess I'll have to contact them. 
Also from the library I returned "Stuff" My Dad Says which is very irreverent and slightly profane but really funny. My sister and I have always joked about my dad getting his facts from "The Book of Little Known Facts."
And a few movies - Charlie's Angels, Mary Higgins Clark's All Around Town, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
And a few books- Girls on the Edge: The four factors driving the new crisis for girls, Save Big: Cut your top 5 costs and save thousands
And a few mags- Vogue and Cincinnati

Hubs called. He caught me not listening when he said, "DaShannon.  What was the score?"
What?
"The score I've told you the score three times. It's shocking. And you are saying uh huh."
Got me. 

I've seen the word 'anyhoo' in print twice in the last day. Both times spelled 'anyhoo' not 'anywho' like I usually spell it. So anyhoo :)

Hubs brought me a S'more Cappuccino yesterday to work. God love him it was good. We started our Panera Pay Day lunches back up. Makes not dress down Fridays a little more bearable. Well that and getting a nice paycheck but it's a toss up as to which is more gratifying. 

Bubs is spending the day with the grands so hubs came home and we ran out for pizza from a mom and pop place we've been hearing about. It was better than Dominos not as good as Larosa's but closer for us. I did get a Coke Zero which I haven't had in about a week and once again am wondering why I keep cutting this stuff out it is so good. We saw some deer on the way home, turned around to stare for awhile then continued home eating the pizza in the truck. and then again I wish I had my camera (why do I never learn?) when we turned onto the state route and there to the left was a field of yellow flowering crops and line of beautiful green trees and a blue sky filled with the fluffiest clouds you ever did see... well I filed it away for next week when I'm staring at my workstation screen.

Ok how cool is that?!?! It shoots through your web cam. BTW look at those nails I've been working on... mission accomplished!



Ready for Fall? look at these beautiful images from Carl Bengtsson...



I love vintage suitcases and I have one of these awkward corners upstairs I might move them into... via Apartment Therapy.

Everyone around me is doing Weight Watchers so I joined in this week and lost a pound so I'm going to keep on keeping on...









Danny & Annie from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

via A Cup of Jo i plan on sharing this with book club when we read Making Toast and My Year of Magical Thinking.

2 comments:

Cate said...

Hey lots of interesting stuff today. My favorite time of year is the Fall. I was born in October which might have something to do with it, but I just love the fresh air, the leaves changing color and the clothes are the best. Ok I'm now thinking of hot toddy by the fire...I grew up in the UK and that's what Autumn feels like there :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I got my Septemeber issues at toward the end of the week last week. TI