Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Trivial Pursuits


Picked up this necklace/earrings in Columbus this summer; I love it, especially the wire heart. The artist didn't put any identifying marks on the necklace unfortunately.  I bought it in an antiques/ boutique type store in the Short North District. I tried taking my outfit pic this morning so my hair was fresh, styled and down but those didn't turn out right with lighting. I did wait until I got in the truck before pulling out the band and whipping it up and out of my face!

yesterday's finds: 3 vintage suitcases (ultra clean inside), a few books (including Belong to Me which I've been reading reviews of everywhere), Rocketdog cutsie shoes, reindeer tights, ice skates, Trivial Pursuit, a Karen Kane sweater and some little dishes 
Not pictured: bub bought a meat grinder for bait (gross) and a slew of golf clubs.

When we were on vacation this summer we ate at a sidewalk cafe that had Trivial Pursuit cards on the tables and we loved asking each other questions...


I plan to set these out on the library tables every once in awhile for fun... I'm not the shushing type obviously~


My personal hero Nancy Pearl, professional librarian and book reviewer~



This is Style Rookie. She's in her first year of high school and has more blogger talent in that little barrette of hers than I have anywhere. Seriously love the style, the voice, the pics. Interesting. 

I finally watched Girl With the Dragon Tattoo this weekend. Stunning, gripping, disturbing, engrossing. Yep glad I finally got around to it but also glad I was watching it in my living room so I could FF through the truly disturbing parts. I have such a low tolerance for violence. I'm not a prude just queasy stomach for violence. 

And I finished reading Mockingjay and was pleasantly surprised with her ending of the series. I can recommend this one with ease. Best YA series out there in awhile. Thought provoking, questioning and also engrossing. I forgot to mention I finished Time Traveler's Wife- maybe because it was that memorable for me. Yeah not my favorite. I hate when a book doesn't stand up to the hype for me. 
Also finished Dear John. Another Sparks book. I listened to it and I think that was a turn off for me. The reader made the characters sound simple. But I do HAVE to read or fake read all of them because the high schoolers LOVE them all and I must connect. 



1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love love love those vintage valises! Amazing find!