Saturday, September 11, 2010

Show and Tell

Spent the day out with a friend. I almost backed out because with school starting I am once again tired and overloaded but back in the summer as the school year was approaching I vowed I would not hole up out here in the country and stop participating in life. So off I went early this morning. We traveled downtown to the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention and found some inspiration. ok I would never take someone's picture and post it here without their knowledge for sport HOWEVER I must share. There was a lady at the convention who wore a pink t-shirt (more on that in a minute), tucked into jean coolots, with a belt, and nurse white sneakers. She had on FULL puffy hair and makeup. I mean borderline religious sect. The t-shirt read..... Paper Ho. enough said. 


Then we went across the river to Buckhead's for lunch.  Finally on the way home we saw a sign reading "Alpaca Gala" and followed them to these cute fellows...

the owners were very informative about alpacas such as....
@ alpacas only have a bottom row of teeth therefore they tend to not bite
@ they do spit- and it stinks (unfortunately my friend B was a recipient of this)
@ there are only 2 species of alpacas and the difference is in their fur
@ i asked if there was a visible difference in male and female when i noticed how different one farmer's alpacas were from the previous tent's - he blushed and "no well except for- well you know- their uuuhh" "equipment?" i offered "yeah"

@ they are not especially affectionate, they really just want you to feed them and leave them alone

I'm so glad I went. B is a rare friend. We are very comfortable together, never feeling uneasy or like we have to walk gently.
I always learn something from our erudite conversations like today when she was talking about dealing with people with PTSD. Not something I know much about but it really translates on so many levels to dealing with teens whose families are in constant turmoil.
I did purchase a felted wool soap bar made from the alpaca wool and mentioned to the maker that Anthropologie sells similar ones.

I stopped at a local graveyard on the way home to get a closer look at some of the older gravestones. Some dated back in the mid 1800's.
Every turn today was picture worthy but I couldn't pull out my camera at every turn so I missed...
@ the pair of old men sitting with their dog outside the BP when I stopped for my first seasonal Toffee Cappuccino. 
@ the beautiful golden field framed below the blue stormy sky.
@ all the marvelous yard sales.
@ the house down the way that always has barrels of hand carved walking sticks.

Finally some time this week to cruise around blogland for a little show and tell...

from anthropologie this pair of fuzzy goodness.

I so want to be at Renegade Handmade in Chicago this weekend but  vow I will not miss it next year...


Oh, Hello Friend has a collection of book photos that are pure eye candy.


i saw lots of necklaces for sale at the convention today that look like this on from Madewell- JCrews sister store..

pumpkin spice Hersey's Kisses, really? i had no idea~



No comments: