Friday, June 1, 2012

Almost three days? Really?

Morning 2 of Morning Pages... this is harder than I thought to immediately get up and type them out. A- people call before I can even get out of bed with a list of questions. B- it's raining and I need to cancel plans I've made outside. C-Tea or Coffee, the maid is out so I must make it myself. D- the pup's are adorable and giving me photo ops. 

Speaking of such, coffee with this french vanilla coffee mate is amazing. It can not be good for ya. Oh looky there it isn't. Poop.

I worked in the studio all day yesterday. Well I got distracted. Alot. Like I always do when I don't want to clean. But alas it is clean(ish). And today I need to finish up. Perfect day since it's rainy outside and the boys are coming home.

The boys have been gone for 7 days. I had big plans to deep clean my house. Instead I finally went to Ferrari's Little Italy, painted at art class, enjoyed the weather poolside, visited with my sister and her dogs, visited my parents, met a friend at Dilly Deli, watched Salmon Fishing in Yemen, spent mornings and evenings on the porch with the dogs reading and cruising pinterest and facebook, HOWEVER I have cleaned like a mad woman the last 2 days and there isn't a dirty article of clothing or a dish in my house. Until they walk in and dump a week's worth of fishy clothes on the floor.

Let's talk imprinting. That's the word Tim used when he talked about us getting Stella early enough. My expirence with the word imprinting comes from Twilight's Jacob so I thought it was odd to use that word. And yet... as soon as we got her she would stare into my eyes. She likes to come jump on me then just gaze into my eyes. Odd and yet I think that's exactly what she is doing. Imprinting. You are my mother. Hello.

Yesterday I listened to/watched the Pelican Brief. Forgot how absolutely wonderful it is. Then today The Fugitive. My how we forget all those famous people way back when. Cynthia Nixon, Susan Sarandon,  Jane Lynch, Stanley Tucci, wow.

I just realized I have not seen another human being in over 2 days. Tuesday I came home from dinner and a movie to an empty house. Wednesday I cleaned all day, Thursday I cleaned and then organized all day and now Friday I worked in my studio and am just waiting for the boys to return from their fishing trip. Humm. Didn't even realized it has been over 48 hours with just the dogs. Of course I talk to them and talk on the phone but no one has seen me.

Hoping to do more of this in the days to come...

 After watching Marina check out the catch...
 Stella does the same...
 I used the umbrella to shield my reading.


 Last lecture took us to Mr. Sushi for dinner and their wonderful Plum wine.

 Last Saturday Yolanda and I went to Ferrari's Little Italy for dinner with a Groupon.



 Then took an art class.





 On our walk some ducks were enjoying someone's pool.
 After graduation me and the girls headed to Yo's poolside.
 Her Hub's delivered Starbucks in the morning AND cooked us breakfast. 

 Marina waits for the OK to jump in.

 Refill please!
 Started this tome. How about that little heart leaf?
 Graduation went well. Of course we had our resident crazies and some harsh words from an uninformed person who made me so angry I almost quit. Then I remembered who I do this for and thought better of it. 
 Graduation is exhausting. 
 Met a friend at Dilly Deli and went to see Salmon Fishing in Yemen. Lovely film. I should go to see Mariemont films more often. 
 Stella's a fast learner. Sit on her feet she won't move.




  

No comments: