I forgot all about morning pages for a few days there. I headed to to the beach and that was that!
Thursday M and Yo and I went to a tea tasting at Essencha Tea House. Interesting and I thought it would make a great first date for someone. W met me back at the house and spent the night. Friday W and I got up at 3:45 to be ready out at the front of the lake to meet 3 other beach goers and make our way to the other 2. So before 5am we were on the road. We stopped at Bob Evans and then at Chickfila and then made our way all the way to the beach house this year to check in on Friday night. Then back out to dinner at The Conch Cafe. I had fish tacos and recommended them to the new girl K. She did not like them. Then we went to the grocery, which I have always found interesting every year, but this year the dynamics are all askew. Our youngest member died in December after a 3 month illness. And then my roommate and mentor decided she couldn't go with us. None of us really knows why and she isn't explaining, just saying she has some things preventing her from going. I was heartbroken. K is taking her place and we just stayed one short this year. K has been a good fit. Sweet, talkative, nice, active- she's more of a talker than a listener.
Saturday we got up to walk and then set out breakfast and got on the beach by about 10. Amazing! We have fruit and grains for breakfast. Its such a welcome treat to have so much to choose from in the morning sitting there. I start with a bowl and throw in yogurt, granola, strawberries, apples, oranges, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, grapes and cantaloupe. Then I have WG English muffin with pb and homemade j K brought. Delicious.
We go back out to the beach for awhile and I continue reading Fifty Shades of Gray. Have I mentioned I'm reading that? Interesting. Smut, but good reading. Then we ran to the shops at Pawley's Island. Cute shops and then the other house guests across the street started arriving. They have new people too.
Dinner on Saturday was Bovine's for the horse races. I had clam pizza and it was a bit spicy. But I also had a pomegranate margarita and it was fabulous. We started playing Scattagories. K apparently doesn't like games like this because they make her feel stupid. Why? She's really funny and we are all making answers that are funny but she's a little fragile I think.
Sunday the in house drama started a bit. Jealously is our main problem. A few of us wanted to run to a consignment store and comments were made. I reacted with an instantly red face and exited the area before I blew up. I am not a drama queen. I hate confrontation, making anyone feel bad or unwanted or uncomfortable for that matter. BUT at the same time I am not responsible for how someone else feels or reacts. So I'm gonna just relax.
What I've really noticed lately is that the characteristic I most dislike in people and that I want to work on myself is JUDGEMENT. Why oh why are we all so judgemental. Tired of it. It makes you look petty and frankly stupid that with the time you have here you are going to spend it accessing other people and their actions and make personal judgements on that. And I'm guilty too so enough of that!
Sunday evening we ate at The Gulf Stream and had the early bird special. It was delicious.
Monday we spend after breakfast and after lunch at the beach and then had to make an early exit because it was blowing up a storm. We headed out to Russell's and met up with the some of those from across the street.
Tuesday we spent running around at consignment and thrift because the weather was spitting rain or downpouring rain all day. Again someone made a big deal out of nothing and seriously they are getting on my last nerve. But alas highlight of my day was finding these shoes...
$649 online seems to be the going price. I also found an adorable glass mini pitcher but the resident house mother took it from me. Ok she begged and I gave it to her but still. She begged.
We walk in the mornings and this year we've been walking on the beach. I love it. One of the things that keeps me coming back each year. Today is Wednesday and we spent the entire day on the beach in the sun. Gorgeous perfect day on the beach with the sun shining. Then off to dinner at the Hot Fish Club. Good food, nice view. I'm getting more disillusioned with this trip though. It just takes one to be bossy and tell me when to do what that I start cussing in my head and thinking this is ridiculous. I'm a grown girl seriously I don't need someone to dictate, that's the right word, when I should do what. Really.
Things I love about the beach trip....
there are several people I really like Y, G, K, L, B, J, and there are those I tolerate.
there are sunny days with my feet in the sand and the salt on my tongue.
I get to hear the waves coming in and out, in and out, in and out.
I get to sit on this porch, read, type and cruise the net with the free wifi.
I get to eat lots of variety of foods both in house and at restaurants.
walking on the beach in the morning and evening.
So next time someone is telling when to do what I need to remember those things and flow.
Thursday M and Yo and I went to a tea tasting at Essencha Tea House. Interesting and I thought it would make a great first date for someone. W met me back at the house and spent the night. Friday W and I got up at 3:45 to be ready out at the front of the lake to meet 3 other beach goers and make our way to the other 2. So before 5am we were on the road. We stopped at Bob Evans and then at Chickfila and then made our way all the way to the beach house this year to check in on Friday night. Then back out to dinner at The Conch Cafe. I had fish tacos and recommended them to the new girl K. She did not like them. Then we went to the grocery, which I have always found interesting every year, but this year the dynamics are all askew. Our youngest member died in December after a 3 month illness. And then my roommate and mentor decided she couldn't go with us. None of us really knows why and she isn't explaining, just saying she has some things preventing her from going. I was heartbroken. K is taking her place and we just stayed one short this year. K has been a good fit. Sweet, talkative, nice, active- she's more of a talker than a listener.
Saturday we got up to walk and then set out breakfast and got on the beach by about 10. Amazing! We have fruit and grains for breakfast. Its such a welcome treat to have so much to choose from in the morning sitting there. I start with a bowl and throw in yogurt, granola, strawberries, apples, oranges, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, grapes and cantaloupe. Then I have WG English muffin with pb and homemade j K brought. Delicious.
We go back out to the beach for awhile and I continue reading Fifty Shades of Gray. Have I mentioned I'm reading that? Interesting. Smut, but good reading. Then we ran to the shops at Pawley's Island. Cute shops and then the other house guests across the street started arriving. They have new people too.
Dinner on Saturday was Bovine's for the horse races. I had clam pizza and it was a bit spicy. But I also had a pomegranate margarita and it was fabulous. We started playing Scattagories. K apparently doesn't like games like this because they make her feel stupid. Why? She's really funny and we are all making answers that are funny but she's a little fragile I think.
Sunday the in house drama started a bit. Jealously is our main problem. A few of us wanted to run to a consignment store and comments were made. I reacted with an instantly red face and exited the area before I blew up. I am not a drama queen. I hate confrontation, making anyone feel bad or unwanted or uncomfortable for that matter. BUT at the same time I am not responsible for how someone else feels or reacts. So I'm gonna just relax.
What I've really noticed lately is that the characteristic I most dislike in people and that I want to work on myself is JUDGEMENT. Why oh why are we all so judgemental. Tired of it. It makes you look petty and frankly stupid that with the time you have here you are going to spend it accessing other people and their actions and make personal judgements on that. And I'm guilty too so enough of that!
Sunday evening we ate at The Gulf Stream and had the early bird special. It was delicious.
Monday we spend after breakfast and after lunch at the beach and then had to make an early exit because it was blowing up a storm. We headed out to Russell's and met up with the some of those from across the street.
Tuesday we spent running around at consignment and thrift because the weather was spitting rain or downpouring rain all day. Again someone made a big deal out of nothing and seriously they are getting on my last nerve. But alas highlight of my day was finding these shoes...
$649 online seems to be the going price. I also found an adorable glass mini pitcher but the resident house mother took it from me. Ok she begged and I gave it to her but still. She begged.
We walk in the mornings and this year we've been walking on the beach. I love it. One of the things that keeps me coming back each year. Today is Wednesday and we spent the entire day on the beach in the sun. Gorgeous perfect day on the beach with the sun shining. Then off to dinner at the Hot Fish Club. Good food, nice view. I'm getting more disillusioned with this trip though. It just takes one to be bossy and tell me when to do what that I start cussing in my head and thinking this is ridiculous. I'm a grown girl seriously I don't need someone to dictate, that's the right word, when I should do what. Really.
Things I love about the beach trip....
there are several people I really like Y, G, K, L, B, J, and there are those I tolerate.
there are sunny days with my feet in the sand and the salt on my tongue.
I get to hear the waves coming in and out, in and out, in and out.
I get to sit on this porch, read, type and cruise the net with the free wifi.
I get to eat lots of variety of foods both in house and at restaurants.
walking on the beach in the morning and evening.
So next time someone is telling when to do what I need to remember those things and flow.
No comments:
Post a Comment