Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Good Friend G

Good morning! It is starting to feel like summer. We were all home this morning with no pressing appointments so we slept in and then lazed around in bed. Bubs is still not up. Hubs has plans to clean today... yeah and I didn't even 'nag' him about it. Don't know what has gotten into him. I'm meeting some gals from beach house #2 after their meeting this afternoon. We plan to go to lunch somewheres close. It's been odd lately. This year G and I started to talk more with each other. Looking back I'm trying to remember how that happened. She came to teach here a few years ago and we talked some but we weren't close. Then she joined book club and we go to know each other a little better. Then last year in lunch one of our fellow teachers said she was moving to Chicago. G said she'd come and visit. I, being the fun loving traveler I am, said, 'I'll go!" And then this fall G came and said we were invited over labor day weekend. So we went. We talked the whole way  there and back and had a great time. Since then she comes in the library to say good morning, spends her planning chatting with me, eats lunch with me and we usually hang around after school to rehash the day. We invite each other to functions we hear about that we know the other would like such as the holocaust speaker this year, and the Christian concert. She offers me rides to and from work when the guys have stuff going on and I want to go home. We even took her camper and went camping over spring break. I hadn't really given much thought to how much our relationship has changed until I went a few days without seeing her.  I texted her about it and she said the same thing. Weird. So today we'll meet and chat and Friday we both head to the beach for the girls' week in the sun.

I really like these morning pages. I will continue them as much as possible. They give me a goal to start off the day and get down on 'paper' what's going on. That's why I started the blog. To get it all down, and hash things out. Tell details I want to remember. And then things got busy and I didn't take the time to do it. So I'm glad these are helping get me back to the basics.

For our anniversary yesterday we went to the steakhouse and a movie. Even with it being summer break we still were so busy we didn't get to just have a day but we squeezed it in. I needed to drop somethings off to a lady in Batavia. That was cool actually. She lives in the country and we talked goats, soap, and chickens for awhile. Then the steakhouse, which was subpar, where we ran into some students, of course. Had a nice chat with them and then headed over to the Christian book store to pick up a Building 429 disk since we will be hosting them in concert this fall. That's exciting! We've been negotiating with them so far but they've signed so now just details. Then I hopped over to Joanne's with my handy dandy coupon app. Love that thing. Very forward thinking Joannes! Then we headed home. The boys quickly left for weightlifting and I got busy.... sitting on the porch continuing my book. When they came back we headed out for the late showing of Men in Black 3. I snuck my coffee in but that wasn't too hard since we saw, literally, 4 other people in the whole complex. I enjoyed it. We watched it in 3D. No Salmon Fishing in Yemen but it was fun. Poor Tommy Lee though looks very, very ancient. 

No comments: