Monday, June 4, 2012

I count it as a privilege

I will never again hear an owl and not think of Wesley. What a heartwarming little book.

Through our 'new' church I met Beth and we talked books. I suggested a few and brought her a few and awhile back she mentioned her husband, pen named Stefan, wrote a book. Well me being the reader I am I wanted to know how to get the book and asked a bazillion questions. Stefan then came and talked to me showing a mother's love for his book. He showed me the proof and we talked about $ and process. I told him to let me know when it was ready I would love to read it. Yesterday after church Stefan tracked me down and asked, "Are you a fast reader?" Absolutely. "Then take this and mark it up for me if you will. I need to make the changes before it goes back to my editor and I've read it too many times." I'd love to. So I got in the truck and read while Hub's drove.
Now when a student says they've written something and will they read it they really mean will you praise me for it. And 9 times out of 10 it is pitiful. So I was a little worried this would be the same since he was funding it himself and not going through a major publisher. I was WRONG. The Seminary, the working title, is good. Great so far to be honest. It's edgy and brings suspense in all the right places. I'm loving it. His writing is good as well as the theme. His characters are sharp and well rounded. Nice, nice job Stefan.

Yesterday a friend of mine who just started a business posted something business related on his Facebook. I noticed a glaring grammatical error and messaged his phone. We had a mini grammar lesson and he
edited the post:I would like to thank a Blanchester High School librarian who lives near a private lake who wishes to remain anonymous, for pointing out in my status above....its "their" winning bid, not "there" winning bid:)

That's funny stuff right there. I 'laughed out loud.'

Today is our 18th wedding anniversary. Big plans! Not. We are going to the steak house. With a gift card. Then Hub's has to go to work this evening in the weight room. I'm just ignoring the whole stepping back into football issue. Better that way I think. And now back to anniversary.
I can't believe it's been 18 years. That's how long I lived full time in the family home. Now I've been independent just as long. First I packed up my belongings and moved to the dorm then to the little house on S. Second St, then Blanchester, and now here. Time flies. I can't even remember not be a couple. We dated for a little over a year before we engaged and then we got married a little less than a year later on our anniversary date day. We had Bubs less than 5 years later. It's really hard to believe it's been 18 years.

Sermon yesterday was exceptionally good. We started a new series, T90X. Our minister is doing P90 X and he thinks there are similarities in how we should devote 90 days to Know, Grow and Go. We have daily devotional passages etc. Interesting. I'm overbooking my dailies here lately.

Morning Writing Pages
Regular Bible Reading
Workout
Daily Reading books: let's just say there are like 7 dailies

Happy balance is what I need.

I tried on beach clothes yesterday to continue packing for Friday. I'm really ready for the beach this year. I didn't get to go spring break. Too short. But on the flip side I have this week at Garden City with the girls and then a week in July with 3 other ladies at Hilton Head. I've never been there so I'm excited about that too. Yolanda, Louisa and Margie will be on that trip. I like all these ladies. Even on the Garden City trip there are 15 of us and I'm friends with all of them. Well actually there is a new lady in our house this year taking my favorite lady's place. I'm very upset my bestest mentor will not be joining us this year. Her health has progressively gotten worse. But there is something more going on I don't understand. Then another housemate of ours passed away in December. We did not replace her. That will be difficult to take really. She was such a presence. We really got along and she was funny and talkative and I knew the beach was the one vacation she took for herself. She lived with her mother and was never married, didn't have a lot of girlfriend's so this was a big week for her. I can't believe she's gone really. She was younger than me. When I celebrated my 40th this year, I thought of her. I doubt I'll ever complain about getting older I count it as a privilege.

No comments: