I missed those morning pages yesterday and when I remembered Cameron's words echoed in my head, "Morning pages are non-negotiable." Gonna need to remember to set time to do those no matter what.
Stella loves to get a piece of food or chewed up bone and throw it around. Fun to watch. Actually both these girls are fun to watch. I can feel my blood pressure lower the longer I sit still and just watch them. We are 11 days out of school and I'm just starting to relax. That's with being home for 3 days straight. I really need to relax some this summer. I forget how much of a toll the school year takes on me. And this was a GOOD year. It still brought lots of heartache with needy kids, fighting foster care, telling kids they're loved even when they do not have one parent who will fight for them, watching injustice in the system and threatened job security once again. It's exhausting and sad. But of course there's also those 'twins' I got to know this year that were so entertaining and who have such potential, and Bub's test scores that show real promise, innocent freshmen who came and camped out in my room and new teachers who came in and fit right in with fun personalities. So it evens out. This year more than most really. It makes me so angry when people imply we have it easy. Easy is a job where you don't worry about the welfare of your clients each and everyday. They come in well fed, loved and cared for and need you to give them something material. Ours come in so damaged and needy and we are expected to give them an education where the bar is set so high despite what they may have received in the past here or somewhere else. It's tough, exhausting work. I do love it though. I count it a privilege to be given this time to love and care for them AND to show them their potential. It's fun watching them succeed and waiting to see who they become. They overcome so much in four years.
This year Bub's will be in his final year in middle school then next school year we will start the four year journey of high school together. Scary and exiting. I can't imagine really. He's 14 years old. I hardly even get to see him he's so busy. Already the first day we were out and we were both home he came down stairs and said, "What's for Breakfast and can we go fishing?" I said, "Eggs and absolutely." We have a strict policy in this house; if he wants to spend time with us, we spend time with him. So all those plans I had for things to do, I put aside and we took the pontoon out with the girls. It was fabulous. Pics on yesterday's post. He has a Kings Island pass this year. Bought it himself. So although I had a KI pass for probably 7 years I'm nervous he's there without me, being ferried back and forth by kid's parents, etc. and wondering how much KI is going to make off of us this summer. And we don't get to be together. Poop. Oh well, growing pains. This year on my way to graduation I got a little teary eyed thinking about how I'm going to do this when Bubs is with me for HIS Graduation. How indeed.
Stella loves to get a piece of food or chewed up bone and throw it around. Fun to watch. Actually both these girls are fun to watch. I can feel my blood pressure lower the longer I sit still and just watch them. We are 11 days out of school and I'm just starting to relax. That's with being home for 3 days straight. I really need to relax some this summer. I forget how much of a toll the school year takes on me. And this was a GOOD year. It still brought lots of heartache with needy kids, fighting foster care, telling kids they're loved even when they do not have one parent who will fight for them, watching injustice in the system and threatened job security once again. It's exhausting and sad. But of course there's also those 'twins' I got to know this year that were so entertaining and who have such potential, and Bub's test scores that show real promise, innocent freshmen who came and camped out in my room and new teachers who came in and fit right in with fun personalities. So it evens out. This year more than most really. It makes me so angry when people imply we have it easy. Easy is a job where you don't worry about the welfare of your clients each and everyday. They come in well fed, loved and cared for and need you to give them something material. Ours come in so damaged and needy and we are expected to give them an education where the bar is set so high despite what they may have received in the past here or somewhere else. It's tough, exhausting work. I do love it though. I count it a privilege to be given this time to love and care for them AND to show them their potential. It's fun watching them succeed and waiting to see who they become. They overcome so much in four years.
This year Bub's will be in his final year in middle school then next school year we will start the four year journey of high school together. Scary and exiting. I can't imagine really. He's 14 years old. I hardly even get to see him he's so busy. Already the first day we were out and we were both home he came down stairs and said, "What's for Breakfast and can we go fishing?" I said, "Eggs and absolutely." We have a strict policy in this house; if he wants to spend time with us, we spend time with him. So all those plans I had for things to do, I put aside and we took the pontoon out with the girls. It was fabulous. Pics on yesterday's post. He has a Kings Island pass this year. Bought it himself. So although I had a KI pass for probably 7 years I'm nervous he's there without me, being ferried back and forth by kid's parents, etc. and wondering how much KI is going to make off of us this summer. And we don't get to be together. Poop. Oh well, growing pains. This year on my way to graduation I got a little teary eyed thinking about how I'm going to do this when Bubs is with me for HIS Graduation. How indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment