Sunday, April 17, 2011

Confession

 More lovelies today. I just can not believe how blessed we are to have found these so close to home. We have a wood pile from last year and the spores must have come from that. Bub did set me straight though and let me know he is the one who found them not Hubs. Ok good to know. 





I had forgotten to add a few books I finished lately:
Reading Ladders- Lesesne
Making Toast- Rosenblatt - I added it as a favorite on Shelfari. This dad speaks so honestly about the death of daughter, a mother of three young children he and his wife then move in to help raise.
The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker- Smedley, Garvey- I'm pretty organized scrapbook wise to begin with. I just have an abundance of stuff.
Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice- Hoose. It's amazing how we create history for ourselves. Colvin refused to move seats before Rosa but Colvin was a teenager from a not so stable family and ended up pregnant so she wasn't the face we wanted to use. 
The Ultimate Guide to Chick Flicks. Like I don't have enough lists to make my obsessive way through.
The City of Bones- Clare- A twilightish YA book that starts a long drawn out series. It was alright but not a favorite.
Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual- Pollan. Pollan is on my imaginary friend list. He would like me.
The Lover’s Dictionary- Levithan. Also added to my favs on Shelfari. Levithan is amazing. He writes a story of a relationship around dictionary entries that relate to the story moving along. I find interesting that Levithan refers to the narrator as he but doesn't give a gender to the partner yet three reviewers refer to the partner as she. Have we made no progress?
and a few of my favorite lines from The Lover's Dictionary...



P 21 arrears, n. It was a mistake you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you. 
P 30 belittle, v. No, I don’t listen to the weather in the morning. No, I don’t keep track of what I spend. No, it hadn’t occurred to me that the Q train would have been much faster. But every time you give me that look, it doesn’t make me want to live up to your standards.
P 41 broker, n. and v. You wanted to be the finder, so I became the second opinion.
P 135 livid, v. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned. 



It's Sunday so I thought I'd do some confessing.
I rotate my clothing every year trying to wear everything I own. It inspires me to try and build an outfit around one item. However, for the past few years there is a stack of clothing that no longer fits and I am convinced I will be able to wear it by the end of the year. My faith is waning.
I am working on a Read the Bible Through in 3 Years. I'm now on the 4th year. Shoot. 
I can't seem to keep my desk clean no matter how organized I am. Apparently I like to piddle. 
If I had to kill and clean my meat, like the boys did yesterday, I would be a vegetarian. But I'll eat almost anything someone else fixes. 


I love the idea of a half umbrella on the wall. In college our English professor would invite students over for movies- sounds kind of creepy now that I mention it- and her bathroom was painted all different colors with a paint brush glued to the wall as if it was in the middle of the job...


 I still need to make 2 headboards for the beds upstairs.
Marriage could be saved if we all had these in our backyards...
 images via sfgirlbybay...

listening to Wizard of Oz on the tele while cleaning off my desk...
sipping a Sonic sparkling strawberry lemonade with vanilla...

No comments: