Saturday, April 16, 2011

Turkey!

What a wonderful Saturday... I slept in, well until 8:30... then finalized my spring break suitcase, sorted laundry, sat out my outfits for next week (only 4 workdays!) then the boys came home with a TURKEY! Somehow after trying so hard to become a locavore I have achieved status. A cow in the freezer from students, a chicken in freezer from a different student, eggs from down the street, fish from our lake, deer from last season and now a turkey Bub got today. Next step is putting up more veggies and fruit this summer.

Yesterday while putting up laundry I looked out the window and saw more buds. A nice reminder that spring has arrived and is fighting to stay.


Although that birthday cake was beautifully decorated it failed to show the wondrous layers in the last set of pics. I had this for breakfast and no I feel no guilt when consuming birthday cake.
 I soaked the morels the boys found on our property this week and then had them for dinner this evening. The boys waiting patiently to see if I was going to keel over. Alas I did not. Although they might be a good last meal.



 Not a great week for blogworthy outfits but I did like this one. The necklace I made about ten years ago at an artist's retreat where we fired our own pottery outside in a Raiki kiln.



"It was like it gave me this enhanced awareness of life... I'm obsessed with memory, of being remembered... life is a creation- a story you are writing"
This guy took a picture a day for a year. Obvious talent.
TODAY from m ss ng p eces on Vimeo. I found via books, paper, scissors my fav blog for loveliness. I could so repost every image they have on their blog. But I stop myself. You should just add it to your blog roll.

This is a great idea from Elements of Style Blog... a pic on a dictionary page. I have a dictionary on my desk at work that fell apart this week. New life!

I'm a scientist. It's what I do. Says the young one today as he has me working a pulley at the bottom of our 2 story stairs. No more complaining here the truth has been spoken.

I mentioned the L.L. Bean Signature catalog that came in the mail this week. Here's a nice example...


No comments: