Sunday, April 10, 2011

Forty here I come~

My birthday weekend is over. This is my last year this side of forty. What a blessing to have my birthday on Saturday so I could celebrate all weekend long! And celebrate I did. Hubs, Bubs and I went out for pizza on Friday night and although the pizza was not good (for once Hubs was right we should have gone with familiar) I also visited my "favorite place in the world" according to Bubs- Anthropology! Happened upon 2 sale items and also hung out in the bookstore for about an hour.

Then Saturday the boys had a fishing tournament so I left not long after they did with Marina, stopped for a donut and headed to Yo's. We met up with the 'rents and went down to Findlay Market where I had a Belgian waffle and milky way cappuccino, bought fresh spinach, hot dogs, macarons and nitrate free bacon. Love! It was Marina's first time at the market and she behaved like the lady she is.

When we came home we crafted for most of the day among 5 dogs then grilled steak, asparagus, mushrooms and threw in some baked beans for good measure. Deliciousness. That evening Yo and I went to the Playhouse in the Park, a first for me, and saw Gee's Bend- thanks Weezy for the tickets.






I sported my new to me Juicy blouse
That night Oliver the smallest of the dogs chose to sleep with me and I basked in his adorableness until I feel asleep. Yo had Belgian waffles, jasmine tea and eggs for us for breakfast and I was off to meet the boys for a cookout with Bubs fishing club. An afternoon at a beautiful park with my boys, my dog and new friends. Very enjoyable. I swung through Sonic for a sparkling strawberry lemonade with vanilla. And now the boys are gone again fishing somewhere and I am relaxing on the back porch with my girl and the iPad listening to spring while eating a grilled honeybun.






lots of dogs checking out my crafternoon suitcase

I finished reading City of Bones finally. Not that I didn't like it but I'm ready for cerebral reading and laying off the immortal for awhile.

And an outfit of the day from Friday... I loved this long sleeved hoodie with wings on the back until on of my students told me the Jersey shore group wears them. Really? crap.


No comments: