Saturday, April 2, 2011

Serendipity...

Two moments of serendipity today...
one I stumbled upon this book at Goodwill today for $1. I think
The serendipity part? I saw it for the first time on Thursday in a photo. Too small to see the author just the title. I scoured the internet and could not find this oh so purrfect cover. Then today, wallah! I am scanning the shelves at Goodwill while waiting for my son to take a hunting class (?!??!?!) and found it. Of course it Kate Spade. How did I not guess that?
Then while still scanning the bookshelves a dear friend, Louisa, called and asked if I would like 2 tickets to the Playhouse this Saturday. 'They come with a free parking pass' as if I needed that selling point! I told her of course I would love them. It will be on my birthday! She said well that settles it, it was meant to be. Serendipity people~
Hubs was fishing a tournament today and sent Bubs and a friend to the last hunting class offered to get them certified to hunt turkey this season. I was the taxi. Luckily I was able to take Marina with me and my dad met me in Lebanon to shop the Goodwill and find the dog park. The CHILLY DOGS had fun even in the wind and rain. We however hurried along to another consignment store, cupcake cafe and nice BBQ place after we herded her back in the car with frosty noses. 

More pics of the purchases later but I also scored a vintage Coach purse and belt.

Some image love...

   time to pull out that tub of blocks! 

 those red velvet girls have a unique way of creating displays 

 i use scrabble shelves to make signs in the library but this is another cool book display idea  

   Natalie Off Duty I think...


Next Saturday, on my birthday, the boys have a fishing tournament so Marina and I will be spending the day with the girls creating. I shall gather lots of inspiration this week so as to not sit around partaking in all the beverages while soaking in the hot tub. I vow to do that too.

 porch inspiration
 
 book love...

on my wish list in any color

 
 I've read this but still haven't seen the movie!
 Just recommended Sedaris to yet another person this week. Funny. Inappropriate funny.

another favorite

what started the vampire craze that is driving me crazy now that it takes up a large part of my 'must read to recommend for the kiddies'

another lovely that helps when I am grieving the loss of the magazine by the same name

his best

No comments: