I've been under the weather since last Wednesday I think. Thursday we had parent teacher conferences then I had committed to help judge cheer tryouts. Friday was an inservice I couldn't really afford to miss so finally after all that I came home to vegetate. I thought surely I'd feel better after an evening to unwind and a good night's sleep. Nope. Nquil nighttime really knocks me out though so I did get a good nite's sleep before a fitful Sat and then the same and now on to a Sunday of laying around. So I am at the very least going to post some pics...
Friday night we made a late night run to Terry's Pizza/ Grocery. An interesting piece of small town America. We came home with pizza, hoagie, Stewards sodas, pimento cheese and chips.
Friday was also carry in day and hub's made both our desserts. A banana split cake (the best!) and a raspberry chocolate layer cake (everyone else's opinion of the best!)
Thursday I was channeling spring and at 10pm finally just asked hub's to snap a picture while I was on the phone so I could at least undress while counseling.
Can ya tell I am ready for spring??!?!?!
I seemed to have missed a few outfit posts of late...
Monday kicked off our lecture series having dinner at Benihana's downtown before listening to Soledad OBrien. (Well actually it kicked off with the sound of rain. Beautiful until the storm sirens kicked in.) She talked about diversity and not being hired because she wasn't black enough to take the black position and because she wouldn't change her name. It would confuse people she was told. She talked about her daughter being offended because there were no whites invited to the diversity ice cream social. Some lessons she tries to pass on... Somethings are hard. You work through it.
When asked how she thought Harvard was attainable she said her sister attended Harvard and she wasn't that smart! It took the mystery out of it. It made it attainable for her. Last take home lesson...
They don't have to like you for you to get your job done. Everyday buckle down and do your job. Their reaction to you isn't the point.
and we have a little something for him...
Yo and I went to an Archiver's make it take it and purchased these...
and made these...
Hub's (with some student help) made this mantel for me last Christmas. Actually before his surgery. I love it so much I've been decorating it for each new holiday. He bought the "fire" from a garage sale last fall.
I do love these heart garlands a student of mine helped me put together from a book returned with the first third eaten by a puppy.
And now some lovelies I've been collecting while convalescing on the couch. I'll have to try and find credits to add later since I still haven't figured out how to do that with my iPad cruising.
Etc. has been on my must buy booklist for awhile but I believe its like $70. thus still on my list...
an idea for next Halloween
I clipped this cute idea for bub's valentines then he said he was too old for that... weep weep weep
Friday night we made a late night run to Terry's Pizza/ Grocery. An interesting piece of small town America. We came home with pizza, hoagie, Stewards sodas, pimento cheese and chips.
Friday was also carry in day and hub's made both our desserts. A banana split cake (the best!) and a raspberry chocolate layer cake (everyone else's opinion of the best!)
Thursday I was channeling spring and at 10pm finally just asked hub's to snap a picture while I was on the phone so I could at least undress while counseling.
Can ya tell I am ready for spring??!?!?!
I seemed to have missed a few outfit posts of late...
When asked how she thought Harvard was attainable she said her sister attended Harvard and she wasn't that smart! It took the mystery out of it. It made it attainable for her. Last take home lesson...
They don't have to like you for you to get your job done. Everyday buckle down and do your job. Their reaction to you isn't the point.
And somehow I forgot to post these other Feb pics...
Bub has a little som um som um for his sweetie even if I have never met her
and we have a little something for him...
Some dodgeball photos...
Yo and I went to an Archiver's make it take it and purchased these...
and made these...
Hub's (with some student help) made this mantel for me last Christmas. Actually before his surgery. I love it so much I've been decorating it for each new holiday. He bought the "fire" from a garage sale last fall.
I do love these heart garlands a student of mine helped me put together from a book returned with the first third eaten by a puppy.
via Tapeswell
Etc. has been on my must buy booklist for awhile but I believe its like $70. thus still on my list...
via Simple Thoughts cute idea placing the cake stand on a pretty plate...
I've been reading this book this year...
an idea for next Halloween
via dottie angel
I clipped this cute idea for bub's valentines then he said he was too old for that... weep weep weep
For next year's cookie exchange...
might be a little much for the school library window but maybe I can tone it down some for next year
1 comment:
Ha ha! Glad to see that picture of the Tippi Hedren costume.
Post a Comment