What just happened? We woke to this Friday morning after people were busting out the flip flops. Not me of course.
But this was later that day...
The shirt is a gift from Yo for Christmas. The jewelry from my mother in law at Christmas.
I picked up the March inspired mint polish this week. Hard to believe the small selection of colors: red, pink, darks. Where are the greens? Maybe that's just because I was in CVS small town America. Need to travel to the big city for OPI. But I'm liking this minty.
Thursday
More jewelry gifts from Yo.
Wednesday and I forgot to get a close up of the necklace and bracelets Yo gave me. I'll have to wear it again this week :)
This is a crappy time to be an educator with the current legislation being proposed and how our society is questioning our worth. However I can not put into words how much I love my job and these kids. This has been such a good year student wise. Everyday this week I've been caught off guard by the compliments and random conversations I am blessed with each day. Yesterday a senior girl I haven't seen in forever came by to drop off some paperwork and mentioned she really liked my outfit today. You always look so cool she said. Then she said she hoped that didn't sound too weird. Cutie. I used to see her in the halls a lot more frequently and she dresses very ethnic, colorful, hip hoppish. I usually comment how she's waking us all up. Random conversations this week included talking to a senior girl who marches to a different beat telling me she has been taken in by a new group. She feels honored they invited her in. She thinks maybe this has pulled her out of winter blues. She's hopeful her eating disoder is under control and she is excited for what's to come. Another just found out her legal last time is not the same as the one she has used for the last 16years. Stepdad adopted her when she was young. Or meant to. Paper got lost. Stuff of fiction. It's entertaining, touching, encouraging, soul healing, hopeful and then the talk about legislation and salaries and benefits starts up and I want to crawl under a rock.
Anywho it is the weekend. Last night we went to bub's basketball party. Coach said bub is the smartest kid he has ever coached. It's like having an extra coach out there making sure the play goes out like it is supposed to. He has spunk. If you tell him to go run into the wall full speed he'll do it. Yeah. I'd say that's about right. Said he needs to remember basketball in the off season and not just drop the ball to go fish. Yeah. Again.
Then took dropped him off at the skating rink. He was meeting up with some 6th graders. I took a looksy as a group of GIRLS met him at the door screaming his name. Uncomfortable. But it looked safe, other than the girls, so I sent him in and hubs and I went to Starbucks for drinks. Of course I settled into a comfy seat, cruised blogs and chatted with hubs while he got increasingly restless and went out to work on the truck. In the parking lot. Whatever. A few hours later we picked up the kid plus one and headed home.
I really understand At Least That's My Intention's post on education right now. I replied,
Amen and amen. I spent the evening defending my salary to a visitor. I didn't feel any better afterward. I just thought if he has known us for 15years and doesn't think this bill is crazy we are in trouble. Sad sad times. I did laugh today as I literally was busy every second of the day, advised teachers, fixed computers, doctored students then paid about $300 to renew my various certificates and be fingerprinted. Yeah what the heck do I do in there all day?
Speaking of fingerprints, mine were rejected. The police guy said I have odd ridges. He sent me home for the weekend to moisturize, lay off the water and try again Monday. As if I don't already feel like a freak apparently even my fingers are freakish.
For lent I gave up sleeping in and I vowed to get up and workout. Day one, Thursday, I felt great, walked on the treadmill for 30 min while cruising blogs.
Then in the evening the boys said a family friend was coming over. I replied it wasn't a good time the house was disgusting, we haven't been home to put things back in place and of course he'd be here late and we wouldn't get up early. No they said. We'll help clean before he gets here and go to bed at a normal time. Well at least my house got cleaned. Try again on Monday.
Some saved up image love...
Via Poppytalk
Also via Poppytalk a traveling dress shop.
And now I'm off to take the boys back to the skating ring tonight as Hub's is still fishing. Hopefully I'll be able to run some errands and relax at Starbucks again.




1 comment:
that's what my world looks like. it's supposed to make it to 50 this week. maybe i'll bust out my flipflops:)
Post a Comment