What I've learned in a year of blogging.
1- Pull it all together!
This blog has given me a place to pull it all together. I used to take a picture of my outfit by laying out the pieces on a chair then posting those up in my closet. Now the pics are posted here. April 4, 2010 was my first outfit posting.
I used to tear magazine pics of inspiration pieces now I do that here (I still have mag pages though).
All those projects online I see and used to bookmark (then lose those bookmarks) pics are collected here.
The last time I went scrapbooking at B.'s I took my iPad and pulled up my blog to pull pics and journaling together. I also was able to look at the scrap layouts and recreate.
2- Don't just make goals achieve them!
I list my goals and don't seem to make much progress. Sad really. Over the years I struggle with the same things. Weight. Nails. Spending. See a pattern here? Gonna change that.
3- Details people details!
I amped up the attention to detail when styling. I don't feel like styling is self centered. It says a lot about me and forms my attitude for the day. Details matter. In all areas of life whether you get to blog them or not. Pay attention. When I started this blog I named it Stop Digging! Because when you find yourself in a hole stop digging. And I have. I've slowed down. (Not that you'd know it from the last two months.) Oh and I quickly learned how to use the timer on my Nikon.
4- Push it!
Knowing I'm going to blog about it makes me push for pictures, eat somewhere new, stop to check something out and pay attention to someone else's side in the conversation. I really amped up taking pictures.
5- Relate!
This community of online bloggers is somewhere I find understanding. These people 'get it.' Styling, vintage, thrift shoppers, crafting...
6- It matters!
I really need to lose those 30 lbs. and get a haircut. It shows. So often I talk myself out of the fact that it matters that much but it does. Snapping those pictures makes me see myself more how others see me and those 30 lbs. and constant hair up is not the person I want to be. And crop pants don't flatter my short stature.
7- Create!
I need to make more of these projects I collect. Never enough time...
8- Take a picture!
When I started I didn't capitalize so much and I didn't plan. Now I do both. Because this is a picture of me. I talk to the kids about proofreading and then forget to do it myself.
9- Interesting!
I "met" lots of interesting people: Cozenimus, Joanna Newsom, Ahaun on Youtube, the Janssens, Sweet Paul and interesting sites: Elle makeup videos, Haute Look. I also started a list of imaginary friends: Nigella, Natalie Merchant.
10- Tell it like it is!
Food. I do eat healthy and my eating doesn't really vary much but I like to celebrate. A little too much apparently.
Goals for the next year of blogging.
1- Learn!
Work on lighting when shooting outfits. Take a camera class.
2- Achieve those goals!
Lose those 30 lbs. and grow those nails.
3- Blog more!
4- Create more!
Etc.
A tid bit from NPR... Most people want more government programs than they are willing to pay for. So true.
Yesterday I finally got to see The Village. I saw some of it before the Oscars but then switched over. It was M. Night Shayamalanish. Remember Girl in the Water? Yeah.
Somewhere I heard or read Nancy Pearl say she likes for a book review to give her a reason to read, talk about subject matter, is there an interesting character or setting? I need to incorporate this into my reviews.
And finally I stayed home today trying to kick the crap in my head so you don't even want to see what I wore all day. Mainly Kleenex's hanging out of my ratty cashmere house sweater with sweater leggings and Ugg houseshoes. Geesh when I describe it that way it doesn't sound half as bad as it looks.
1- Pull it all together!
This blog has given me a place to pull it all together. I used to take a picture of my outfit by laying out the pieces on a chair then posting those up in my closet. Now the pics are posted here. April 4, 2010 was my first outfit posting.
I used to tear magazine pics of inspiration pieces now I do that here (I still have mag pages though).
All those projects online I see and used to bookmark (then lose those bookmarks) pics are collected here.
The last time I went scrapbooking at B.'s I took my iPad and pulled up my blog to pull pics and journaling together. I also was able to look at the scrap layouts and recreate.
2- Don't just make goals achieve them!
I list my goals and don't seem to make much progress. Sad really. Over the years I struggle with the same things. Weight. Nails. Spending. See a pattern here? Gonna change that.
3- Details people details!
I amped up the attention to detail when styling. I don't feel like styling is self centered. It says a lot about me and forms my attitude for the day. Details matter. In all areas of life whether you get to blog them or not. Pay attention. When I started this blog I named it Stop Digging! Because when you find yourself in a hole stop digging. And I have. I've slowed down. (Not that you'd know it from the last two months.) Oh and I quickly learned how to use the timer on my Nikon.
4- Push it!
Knowing I'm going to blog about it makes me push for pictures, eat somewhere new, stop to check something out and pay attention to someone else's side in the conversation. I really amped up taking pictures.
5- Relate!
This community of online bloggers is somewhere I find understanding. These people 'get it.' Styling, vintage, thrift shoppers, crafting...
6- It matters!
I really need to lose those 30 lbs. and get a haircut. It shows. So often I talk myself out of the fact that it matters that much but it does. Snapping those pictures makes me see myself more how others see me and those 30 lbs. and constant hair up is not the person I want to be. And crop pants don't flatter my short stature.
7- Create!
I need to make more of these projects I collect. Never enough time...
8- Take a picture!
When I started I didn't capitalize so much and I didn't plan. Now I do both. Because this is a picture of me. I talk to the kids about proofreading and then forget to do it myself.
9- Interesting!
I "met" lots of interesting people: Cozenimus, Joanna Newsom, Ahaun on Youtube, the Janssens, Sweet Paul and interesting sites: Elle makeup videos, Haute Look. I also started a list of imaginary friends: Nigella, Natalie Merchant.
10- Tell it like it is!
Food. I do eat healthy and my eating doesn't really vary much but I like to celebrate. A little too much apparently.
Goals for the next year of blogging.
1- Learn!
Work on lighting when shooting outfits. Take a camera class.
2- Achieve those goals!
Lose those 30 lbs. and grow those nails.
3- Blog more!
4- Create more!
Etc.
A tid bit from NPR... Most people want more government programs than they are willing to pay for. So true.
Yesterday I finally got to see The Village. I saw some of it before the Oscars but then switched over. It was M. Night Shayamalanish. Remember Girl in the Water? Yeah.
Somewhere I heard or read Nancy Pearl say she likes for a book review to give her a reason to read, talk about subject matter, is there an interesting character or setting? I need to incorporate this into my reviews.
And finally I stayed home today trying to kick the crap in my head so you don't even want to see what I wore all day. Mainly Kleenex's hanging out of my ratty cashmere house sweater with sweater leggings and Ugg houseshoes. Geesh when I describe it that way it doesn't sound half as bad as it looks.
No comments:
Post a Comment