Sunday, March 13, 2011

Out of the nest


So I'm at Panera and they actually have the calories posted on the menu board. Now I've read restaurants are supposed to start doing this but this is the first time I've seen it. Ouch. Of course it didn't keep me from ordering my caramel latte (420) and cheese Danish (not on the menu board). I am always so nervous ordering while standing. Why does it make a difference? The cashier is a 16 year old boy so I doubt he's being judgmental but still I'm just not here often enough to be comfortable and know what I want. And now those calories are staring at me!?
The boys are over at Bass Pro for an early morning sale.

The message this morning was about raising the next generation. Now I'm pretty much a stone when it comes to crying but I get teary when it comes to bub. A few weeks ago a friend came in one morning and knowing his little guy had been sick I asked how it was going. He said he spent the weekend watching his little guy breathe. I told him I wish I could tell him it gets easier but mine will be 13 this year and the first thing I do every morning is go in and watch him breathe. No kidding. And I sigh a breath of relief and ask myself how I could be so lucky to have the best kid in the world. Seriously.

Finished Evermore by Noel, another young adult novel that is walking in the shadow of Twilight. I mean I wanted to read it but it was very similar. I won't continue the series but I'll buy it for the library for the Twilighters. Still reading Huck and such. I need to finish a few I've started.

Then Yo and I went to Snooty Fox consignment where we both found some goodies. Off to Asian Paradise for sushi, Sam's for a frozen Coke and such. Back to Snooty because Yo had shopper's remorse and really NEEDED that Tiffany and Fred purse. Over to TJMaxx where again we scored some goodies.

Now home watching/listening to You've Got Mail for a little comfort before OGT week at work this week. BTW Frank in Mail just said you are what you read. In that case I am a 16 year old immortal in lust with the perfect immortal guy. Sorry Frank that's a no go.

I picked up these jeans for just under $7 at Target last night. And this snazzy bento type lunch box. After bragging a few days ago about not spending any money lately I effectively spend lots this weekend so I'm going back into hiding.



Spring is on its way. I know this because I feel the urge to clean off the porch and redecorate.

No comments: