Friday, August 20, 2010

What not~

Last night bubs was showing me a new app on his ipod. You choose a car maker then car etc. It fires it up to get the engine sound. I choose the Chevy Nova 'since it was my first car' I said. 'Did ya drive it like ya stole it?' he asked. Who is this kid :)
The same kid that tries to talk like a gangsta constantly uses the term 'What not' in conversation. Such as 'mom can you grab my bag an what not on your way to the truck?' or 'Tyler gave me some candy and what not after school so I don't need a snack.' This is not how we speak so I have no idea where he picked this up but he says it at least once a day and uses it correctly. Cracks me up! Sounds like a British chap, he does. Hee Hee. 

(A bit of bragging right here... ignore if you just rolled your eyes. Bub's teacher pulled us aside at work day and said he scored a perfect score on his state math test. He did this in the 3rd grade also but he was so proud of himself when we told him. Of course so are we.)



These fall looks from APC via A Cup of Jo are cozy. I do have to say the cord shorts are so 1990's but I always thought they were practical!

I finished reading Jake, Reinvented by Gordon Korman, a YA novel that resembles The Great Gatsby. Our new English teacher is considering it for a class read. It was a good book to compare to GG but not really that deep or memorable. Not as moving as GG but good. 


Oh what to do with those gloves who have lost their mates? Why make a squirrel of course! via Dainty Squid.



No comments: