Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Picture Day

I figure I have about 30 years practice at school photos given my own school years then teaching years and yet it never gets easier. I still plan days (weeks) in advance what to wear and then pray it turns out well. I'm crossing my fingers this year because last year's was the worst ever. I did the retakes they were so bad. 

Bubs and I went out on the boat for awhile this evening, not too many of those left I'm afraid so I rush to get house work done and try not to fret too much when I'm just floating along reading a book and he's fishing. Balance.

I reconnected with the egg lady today. She's gathering 2 dozen eggs for me tomorrow. When I'm not traveling down her road in the summer it's hard to set up a time but we're back in business!

Still pushing through The Time Traveler's Wife... it's good but ready for it to be done. I even rode the recumbent bike this morning so I could get more reading done. When I tried to read on the treadmill, well not a good idea for the uncoordinated. 

This speaks to my core...
"There's something about blogging... the thought of taking a photo and writing about it... capturing the moment... has opened my eyes to so many beautiful things I've never noticed before.  I probably blog only 1% of my life and experiences... but I live 100% of every moment as if I'm going to blog about it.  Even a long wait in a doctor's office or bumper to bumper traffic can be a happy moment.  If I were to blog it... what would I see.  And it's like the little Heinzelmännchen come and sprinkle happiness and funny things into every moment.   Live like you're gonna blog about it." Happy Zombie via Where Women Create 

1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You look lovely. What a fabulous skirt!