Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Speaking of meals...



One thing I can count on each Fall- Bubs talking non stop from the time I see him in the afternoon until he falls asleep at night. It's a good thing just humorous; and I know it's not just me who notices bc hubs today turned and looked at me after bubs talked all the way home, continued talking and waited for hubs to exit the vehicle and then followed him to the door without breaking stride. They must gag him at school for him to have this much pent up conversation.

We stopped at the farm on Schefsky today because the farmer was harvesting fresh cantaloupe from the field. He was extremely friendly and we talked about crops for awhile before leaving with corn, cantaloupe, watermelon and sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes look like a gangle of roots. Mr. Farmer said it's because he grows them in dirt not sand so they meet resistance. Bubs saw me taking pictures of the produce and didn't like when i put the two watermelons side by side. 
"mom not a good idea... brings to mind too many body parts." I guess he would have vetoed the following then since I even found it disturbing....


I'm headed to Nashville this weekend with a friend to see a Natalie Merchant concert so I've been listening to her all week.


I'm still plowing through The Time Traveler's Wife in the evenings...

Before school started this fall we sat down and discussed food. I enjoy the thought of cooking and baking but really it mostly stresses me when it come to the boys because our tastes are so different. So we decided to do mexican tacos/burritos/chips/salsa one day, spaghetti and chili one day, on Wednesdays we would go out, Thursdays we have 'feed the team' with hubs football team, and Fridays are game nights.
Last week we ate at a local restaurant on Wednesday and then come back to town for Skyline on day since it wasn't a normal week. This being our first full week we started off on the right foot yesterday with mexican night. Yum. Everyone was pleased. Today we came home and realized we forgot the spaghetti :) We left and went to Subway (I'm not a big fan.) Better luck tomorrow if we can remember that spaghetti! I'm a planner but for some reason when it comes to food it just never seems to workout so I'm working on that!

It is cool enough this evening to have the back door open for a little while. marina is enjoying keeping watch at the door while I type. I can hear the geese flying overhead and the boats speeding by  during the big fish tourny tonight. As it gets later the crickets are gaining strength. Actually when I opened the basement door today they sang to me and that's probably not a good thing.

Since hubs went back to coaching a family friend has adopted bubs as his partner on big fish tourney nights. He's become like a grandparent to him calling him anytime he goes out to prefish or across the lake to dinner. It's been really nice to have him step in and let bubs get more out of the season. 




and a few pieces of eye candy from my blog roll...

How about this adorable Kate Spade Book of the Month Clutch that I will never be able to afford...


An Orla Kiely inspirational pose...


No comments: