Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tomato fairy




I'm really striving to post my daily outfits this school year. Since last winter when I started this blog it has challenged me to pay more attention to detail and become more creative- which I like! First day with students calls for the black suit, a big pop of color, and killer heals that say, "I'm an adult. Yes as me a question?" I wore my hair down and curly too just to kick the year off right! This is another Michael Stars shirt snagged this summer for under $5. and the necklace is from the girls who traveled to Italy this summer without me :) Murano Glass beads... (i realized too late the lighting in the shade was awful. no tripod currently so precariously balancing camera on deck)

Today I wore my new Anthropologie bow bobby pin... so cute and dresses up that librarian bun. Sunny Leigh blouse goodwill score!

When a coworker commented on my colorful local salad of tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers today I sighed that it was my last tomato. Our garden flopped this year for some reason. When I pulled into the driveway this afternoon there was a grocery bag of tomatoes waiting for me on the fireplace... serendipity? I should think so. We live in a gated community and only know like 3 people here. All of which are men who are really hubs friends. Hmm. Anywho we ate them with bacon, mayo and farmer's market potatoes. Ahh. Not too many more days of garden fresh tomatoes...


Just for you BonBon Rose Girls my pic of the Beluga whales at Atlanta's Aquarium :)


Days With My Father is a photographic journey by photographer Phillip Toledano that is so worth taking. If I didn't work with kids for a living I would so work with the elderly. 

I am so loving my new Smashbox black gel eyeliner from Sephora. It was a bit pricier than my little pencil from the drugstore but wow is it ever worth it. It stays in place all day and is dark! Thanks for the recommendation Ahan or Carly I can't remember which one!?

No comments: