Sunday, October 31, 2010

Scary guys...

via The Long Thread

When bubs or Yo or I see someone a little off kilter we often utter to the other, "Scary guy." You say it slowly and drawn out. These 'guys' would definitely would qualify. After bubs (the middle) asked me if they could walk alone (and after I shed tears knowing the days of me embarrassing him because of my existence is upon us) I followed them in the sub at the beginning and end of each street while these 3 scary guys walked on their own.
Then 2 days later we did it again with my parents along their suburban street and around...




Hubs has decided that we will bring back the friends' thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday of Thanksgiving week AT OUR HOUSE. Now it is always enjoyable but also exhausting to clean the house, put up all the daily life clutter, shop, and prepare a meal for (and entertainment for littlies) all in about a month. So let the games begin!!

Thursday on the way to work I thought I saw a small deer crossing the road in front of me until I got closer... A HUGE COYOTE.  Just taking his time from one field to another. 

As as sit here at the computer this morning I see in the reflection of my monitor the leaves falling outside. How beautiful. We finally broke down and turned on the furnace last night. I've been trying to make it to November by using the EdenPure and a small space heater in the bathroom but bubs and hubs are starting to sniffle and blaming it on me! Bunch of wimps. 

We have a new Keurig machine at work. I've tried numerous flavors: White hot chocolate
Green tea
Raspberry tea
Peach tea
Orange tea
But I've only found a few I like:
Donut house (with vanilla creamer)
Vanilla creme coffee (with vanilla creamer)



This week's library trip brings home the following to read or preview~ 
Books: Tosca Reno's Your Best Body Now, Stephen Hawking's The Grand Design
Magazines: Bookmarks, Book Page, Cincinnati: College Towns
Movies: Hanging up, The Haunting, He’s Just Not That Into You, Hurt Locker



Still listening to South of Broad by Conroy
Still reading The Historian
Bub's brought home a few of his own...

Listening to: You've Got Mail- and googled the typewriter Olympia Report deLuxe Electronic Typewriter and found a good article and sound bite of the typewriter typing, Goldeneye (as much as I love You've Got Mail for background sound I also love a good James Bond voice speaking to me- ok maybe not as much but a close second)

Burning: S'more cake candle

Sipping: Stash Jasmine Blossom Green Tea

Nibbling on: pasta with sauce, tuna, mozzarella, kidney beans

Watching: youtube video girls CarlyCristman, Ahahn

Working on: Scrapbooking

And then there are all the 'treats' I'm feasting on online cruising today-
Cute idea to put the hooks on the bottom of a frame
A chandelier of ribbons...


 these outfits by Jill Stuart come via Elegance Personified... I love the silhouettes of people along the edge of some of the clothing..



Bakerella with beautimous hair...

 via snippet and ink more luscious hair (I really need a new cut)...

more from Where the Lovely Things Are which led me to the Kate Sylvester look book. awesome. dreamy.
 WTLTA then led me to Miss Moss
 WTLTA then led me to the Bungaloo

Miss Moss showed me ... 

a new book I need found at Design Sponge by Frankie Magazine
Also from DS I like these before and after pics I could apply to my filing cabinet 

And then there's this idea that I'm wondering if hubs can build a shelf around a room for me to put my scrapbooks. Because, well, after spending a day with my scrapbooks I am out of room ...
And plaid bunting from Ragged Home on Etsy. I'm thinking I should do a post of all the bunting I've seen in the last few months. This chick has 30 styles on her site alone.

some free people goodies...

reason #1 to buy some legwarmers
 displaying buttons
 displaying scarves...
 i will be shopping around for this beach hammock...
 reason #2 to buy legwarmers...
 next year's valentine inspiration...

and from A Beautiful Mess...




I just added the 100th blog to my blogroll. yikes.

some cute scary pups and other ideas for next year...




No comments: