I wish it was playing on the telly this weekend for my background music... thanks Where the lovely things are and Hannah for a little You've Got Mail Love~
via Free People~
Speak Freely, Write Candidly, Read Endlessly
(found scribbled by hub's in the truck)
Today I am staying in the studio with the door open looking out at the leaves falling and cleaning off my desk. A little photography to catch up on, a little paperwork, a little scrapbook filing and a lot of blog love~ I love this image from a new cafe in NY called despresso I think? I've come across it several times in the last month so others much appreciate its beauty also. It is made up of books lined up in odd ways and turned on their side.
At the Canal Days festival I found this set of Pocket Library of The World's Essential Knowledge books but the guy running the shop had $1. per book or 10 for $5. so of course I grabbed 10 just because I had to have the pocket set. Not bad titles for the extras though: Everyone's a Homemaker, Gardening and Cooking on the Terrace, and for October decorating- The Elegant Witch! I'm finding the pocket set online for about $50 for an incomplete set.
Orla Kiely has a book?!?!? I'll be looking for this.
Bon Bon girls posted this wonderful fall garland or, dang it, what is this stuff called ticking? Bunting!
I love this Free People photo shoot background~
Ah a wonderful way to wear my tall socks from Target via Free People~
Speaking of hannah b design's blog, bswigshop... wow I'm lovin' it. How about this great post on Alexa Chung
Also via Hannah I came across Taza. I'm thinking I might get my hair cut while I'm conferencing this week in Columbus... how about these bangs on Taza-and- Husband?
Also from Taza this glorious photoshoot from Paul and Joe
Some other more grown up looks from Paul and Joe
And at the risk of looking like a blog stalker one more post that made me gasp from Hannah~
Reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and it is a fabulous October read ala Dracula! Also started listening to Pat Conroy's South of Broad for our staff and friends book club selection. Just finished The Naming for student book club. Also been appreciating Influence by the Olsen twins. I love their styling, their clothing line and their effortless hairstyling.
Listening to Die Another Day in the background today (sadly no You've Got Mail playing today- yes I know it could be purchased on DVD but that would ruin the randomness of it now wouldn't it?) and a good current quote, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." Hmm. Point of perspective. Yes. Although I think the majority probably rules here.
via Vale Design a cool poster that goes along with my Project Runway obsession...
a nice little cuddle from Anthropologie... the Vinca sweatercoat~
Tied Up Memories on Etsy has a beautiful sparrow ring...
And at the end of the day I made Alfredo sauce from AllRecipes.com, grilled shrimp, fettacini, mac and cheese and buttered bread!




















1 comment:
So many things I love in this post of yours....the style is amazing! All the yummy fall fashions.
And that bunting/banner wins my heart as well.
Thanks for starting my day on a happy note.
xoxoo
Post a Comment