One of my favorite things about going to my annual school library conference is having some down time to shop around and discover some new places. While driving up High St. in Columbus I saw the word Adore on a glass door and made the turn to circle back around to find this gem... LOVE IT. exactly the kind of shop I love to find. Handmade goods. Artsy, craftsy, and like stepping into a greatly styled blog. or etsy. I picked up a few items ( a document holder, a dishtowel, some felt animals) but here are a few more on my wishlist...
The wreath is my favorite and would have probably made it home with me but I knew my time was running out on the meter. The wreath is made of felted wool yarn and flowers. Delicious. I could see this tree painted on our living room wall with small hooks to change the 'flowers'. (The above photos are from their blog.) (Side note... I didn't take many photos on this trip. I felt uncomfortable for some reason by myself. Hmm.)
Cruising Bloomsbury found HomeGirl who showed me these adorable owl bags from thelongthread.
And this cool wreath of candy corn from Woman's Day.
I could so live in an Anthropologie store. Stopped by the Easton store yesterday before heading home and drank in the untamed comfort of it. Bought a few pair of tights that look promising, a pair of marked down cropped linen pants and the mirror pattern smock blouse. I wanted to take pictures the styling was so beautiful... but didn't. Went searching online and found these.... (thank you people with more verve than I)
And then also saw this book there that I must have! beautiful photography and just delicious.
Also in Columbus I made my requisite stop at the North Market (Asian green tea, Cookware!, Jeni's Ice Creme- Oatmeal Ice Cream Cake, Taste of Belgium waffles, jasmine green tea)
North Star Cafe for the basil burrito and ginger lemonade and that cookie that is the size of your head, Wholly Craft (wristlet, reusable snack packs, a ring I've had my eye on awhile, a little nest pin).
My consignment finds were decent but not like the haul from the biannual sales.
At One More Time I found a Life is Good pink soft as fluff hoodie, a Michael Stars and a t-shirt cardi (I've been looking for something like this- I have high hopes). And I know I said I wouldn't do it but... You've Got Mail DVD! I'm listening to it now. Oh and a Margaret Atwood book. I love that they sell used books and DVDs. I can't help myself. (Update, listened to the first half, wandered in and watched the second half when hubs came home- he can now quote almost as much as I, then watched some scene extractions, then about half of the director's cut before hubs needed to start breaking down football film.)
At Second Chance another Michael Stars, a JCrew skirt and a James Perse skirt- I didn't know he made skirts!! (Wow apparently these run $100. luckily I picked it up for $14.)
I tried a few other new consign stores I looked up but I wasn't very impressed. Clothes Mentor- overpriced but bought a pair of shoes that I liked but didn't really need.At Functional Furnishings I found this tartan lunch pack with a lunchbox and thermos inside, the foldable knitting stand and the cutest little owl bracelet. I forgot to photo the asian soda I picked up at North Market so I tossed it in this one. Oh and of course Bakery Gingham.
Oh and then when I stopped at TJMaxx I did a double take at these boots thrown in with all the other shoes...
Listening to Book Lust with Nancy Pearl today and she recommended GirlyMan, a alternative country band that is like roasting a hotdog while enjoying the crisp fall air. Yep. That Nancy, she is full of surprises. She is also a fan of PS3 and Dragonliar? Yeah she is a savage beast.
We visited the Wooden Sunflower Primitives store in Waynesville a few weekends ago. The site has perfect shop pictures. Interesting history of the building...
then...
now...
The Winsome Cottage is another store there we enjoyed. I bought my mini chandelier and chandy hand towel there. Here are a few photos from their site.
Another return favorite Go Jump In The Lake, I bought that particular sign last year and this year added the Restroom sign.
A quote from Influence by the Olsens I've been reading, "Eerie, beautiful and Poetic- (Peter Beard's) oeuvre is both challenging and deeply personal. Terry Southern"
Oeuvre- A substantial body of work.
I'm shooting for the giveaway at goldenmeans... I love all things Anthropologie so somehow I stumbled upon her blog and I really enjoy her Outfits of the Day and all the shots of television appearances of Anthropologie. Here's my favorite outfit of the day...
Reading: The Historian- a perfectly October worthy read! I did tons of journal, print out reading these last few days sitting in somewhat mediocre workshops or during downtime.
Burning: Sensible Scents Candles The Old Crow's Calling: Antique Spice and appropriately it smells like a festival shop.











1 comment:
Love the owl purses You did buy me one right for My birthday!!!
Post a Comment