New tights from Anthropologie... and new necklace from Sauerkraut festival. Anthro sweater and thrifted shoes.
So today's message was a 'right on the mark' one. Main idea? So (true story) there's this guy in Europe or somewhere across the pond who walks the tightrope and then starts doing stunts like walking blindfolded, then walking blindfolded with a wheelbarrow (had you any idea it was spelled that way? not me my redneck roots have been saying wheel barrel all this time). So this man in America hears about him, doesn't believe it, calls him up and offers to pay him all kinds of money to come over here and walk the tightrope above Niagara Falls. He comes over. Walks across. The crowd goes wild. He puts on the blindfold and walks across. The crowd goes wild. The American gives him the money and the tightrope walker says, "So do you believe me now?" "Yeah" "I said so do you believe me now?" "Of course I believe you, I just saw you." "So do you believe me now?" "YES!" ...............................
"So Get In My Wheelbarrow."
Yep. It's all or nothing. Get in the wheelbarrow.
On a lighter note, we were actually early this morning and stopped by our favorite country store. Really it's called Long's Country Store. The donut guy recognized us and asked about hub's sports team, thought I lead the music department (? I don't often go in for the donuts). Then tried to sell me a deep fried hot dog. No sale. Then when he saw me admiring his balsam wood models he came out from behind the case and we talked for awhile about how he goes about designing the model on the computer, then printing out the model and breaking the wood. The one we were talking about was an eagle. Very interesting artist guy makes donuts. Which might I add are also very artisticly delicious. Downright yummy. I ate my glazed old fashioned. Tasted hubs creme horn. Nibbled on bubs chocolate glazed. Delicious.
We met hubs parents at Texas Road House for his father's birthday and it was quite pleasant. We rarely, ok never, get to be with just them. Usually his sister, her son, his grandmother are all there also and although it is nice to see everyone we don't get to visit with his parents. Ever. It was... pleasant.
We made a run to the video game store and Target where I bought some leggings and other items on my list and walked past many other absolutely amazingly me items that I will return for without hubs and bubs :)
This evening I sat on the back porch trying to squeeze every little bit of pleasant fall weather out of today while I continued reading The Historian. When it got too dark to read I came in replaced my Antique Spice (I've only had it 2 weeks) with a S'more candle and put my newly acquired You've Got Mail DVD back in while I came over to put it all down here :)
No comments:
Post a Comment