Sunday, October 17, 2010

Well hello baby!

Guess what I got for sweetest day?! Thank goodness hubs was listening to me rant when I came back from the festival last weekend with a disk full of blurry pics taken with my handheld Nikon. UPGRADE Nikon Coolpix S4000. I am very pleased with it.  I was trying to get a good picture and although I was complaining the photo shoot was utterly ridiculous bubs said this is exactly me, so well even though he said he was turning me into What Not to Wear for my outfit today I went along with him by posting this photo. 

This morning was our annual all services in one gathering outside. I was hesitant thinking parking 1500 people and seating them outside in October wasn't the best laid out plan but it worked out quite nicely. Beautiful view. Lovely weather.

Afterward we headed to Bravo's for lunch and bubs ordered the fried calamari and then took a good look at it before deciding that wasn't what he wanted. I ate it. Happily.

 Bubs took some photos of my outfit coordinating with the trees...
 Then I came to haunt him after he said the words thunder thighs...
 So the boys think this outfit was too quirky today. Hubs mentioned the fashion police. What do you think? I was working on the look from yesterday of the model thin thighs bedecked in tights/jeggings, socks and high boots. Are my so called thunder thighs not pulling it off? Please advice. Nicely but honestly please.


I really enjoy styling an outfit and though I am not model thin, ok, ok, even beyond my ideal, I really, really love putting an outfit together. I also realize I live out in east boo foo were jeans and sweatshirts rule BUT does that mean I must deny my idea of a good time? I ask you? I might be feeling today like no body gets me here. Even my sister (ya that's right I'm calling you out on it) often makes a face like my outfit 'stinks'. Anywho I'm not sure I care anymore if I'm outside the box with fashion but at the same time I don't want to be so much of a coo coo that I'm embarrassing myself. Am I?

And now to catch up a bit...
Last friday was dress down day, and our high school 20 reunion homecoming tailgate and gathering. I have an unhealthy obsession with these frye boots. 


 Tuesday bubs, Marina and I headed to the boat to soak up the good weather... look at that carpet of marvelous leaves.


Marina dutifully waiting for bubs to come back from the bait shop...


I knew the leaves would be a glorious sight but goodness sakes they were awesome...

 


Me fishing on the boat :)


Marina is the fish inspector and she says this is surely a catch and release...


And some more outfits... bare legs are at an end for me. Even if it is in the 70's my work environment is too cool for them anymore. Say goodbye...


After a coworker mentioned loving this necklace I wore awhile back, I explained I made it from Darcie's Shrinky Dinks. A few of the girls chimed in fondly remembering Shrinky Dinks while another didn't know what they were so I wore it the next day to show her. 

 Bubs and I always love seeing this tree on the way to school in the morning. One our way to basketball open gym this week we remembered to snap a picture. What do you see? I see a running dog while bubs thinks (like a Cincinnatian) it's a flying pig.
 CAUTION: IF THE SIGHT OF A HOLIDAY THEMED DRESSED TEACHER FRIGHTENS YOU LOOK AWAY NOW!
And because I don't want to be referred to as Pocahontas by coworkers I will forgo the braid in the future. 

But I shall never forgo these autumn Campers...
 
 Marina helps me set up the shot...

 We spent all week decorating for autumn... yes I know it is the middle of October but I always talk myself out of decorating early only to run late.
My little entrepreneur at last weekend's garage sale. He bought a game set for $5. from a neighboring sale and resold it for $35. how 'bout that?
 Grams and gramps watching over the goods...

Then Sunday we ventured out to the Sauerkraut Festival. Look at all that pink loveliness...
 Word has gotten around about how wonderful this particular festival is...



 I know this is blurry (this is why I needed a new handheld) but this black chandelier is beautimous!



 And one more reason for the new camera? No good photo of my outfit of the day! Kiss it goodbye!






3 comments:

Kasmira said...

I'm afraid I find nothing wrong with your outfit...I think it is cute! You don't need model-thin thighs to have fund with layering on your legs. I like the tights, thick socks, and boots combo! Maybe I should copy you so you can show hubs?

Kasmira said...

(Oh, "fun" not "fund"!)

DaShannon said...

Kasmira I knew you'd appreciate the layering! Hey I already told hubs you liked it and he did the eye roll thingy. Humpf!