I probably should have worn this yesterday but it is Valentine's Week so continuing the five days of red. Just how much red do I own? Could I finish out the month? Well the purse will carry me through anyway.
For Valentine's Day I served cookies and Starbuck's hot chocolate in the library to my lovely coworkers. The talk of late of all the changes coming our way has me once again realizing just how much I consider these people family.
I haven't really gotten to the meat of the day in awhile so some catching up...
I watched the Grammy's Sunday and frankly they were disappointing. I'm not a Bieber fan but really all the hype and the poor guy gets shafted. Performances were ok. Gwenneth was entertaining and unexpected. Gaga is just getting too into making a statement her singing is faltering. My favorite part is always the montage of who we've lost in the last year. Geesh how depressing is that. Moving on!
I finished reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton and Ahhh what a breath of fresh air! Love, mystery, family secrets - it keep me reading late into the night. Also read a professional book, Reading Ladders by Lesesne that made the case for reading books based on the theme of the book increasing in complexity. Some of my girls have been talking up Before I Fall so I picked that up at the bookstore and finished late into the night one day last week. Seriously. Do not read a book in which the characters dies in a car crash only to wake up seven times over to relive her life and make realizations about who she was and then attempt to sleep peacefully. Not gonna happen. Although this book is a little edgier than what I normally feel comfortable recommending too much the overall message is SO applicable to our population I will make an exception. Great read. We can all relate.
Picked up a few from the public library yesterday...
Lauren Conrad's Style
As Always, Julia: The letters of Julia Child & Avis Devoto
Bookmarks Magazine
Lucky Magazine
The Last Mimzy
Letters to Juliet
Lost Season 1
Picked up the new Somerset Studio Artful Blogging Magazine and Michael Pollan's Food Rules. I love Michael Pollan. Ok I love anyone who can be so right and frank and healthy and just smart dang it!
Dropped by the grocery this afternoon to pick up the makings of veggie soup to try to kick start my bathing suit sprint to June. I am way behind. Again. Jennifer Hudson was on Oprah of late, I watched yesterday DVR, and wow is that chickadee inspiring! 80 lbs. Who am I to think my 30 are insurmountable? Make a decision and do it!
1 comment:
Swimsuit season comes even sooner here...EEEEK!
Post a Comment