Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanks Harold~


Beautiful Veteran's Day today! We had one of the best assemblies we have ever had. A student introduced me to her veteran father as her best friend :) I meet Harold veteran of WWII (who, while I walked him to his car, told me he was worn out and going home to nap in his recliner!).  I also met a man who served in the infantry at Normandy. Can you even imagine? He was wounded twice before they sent him home. 

It has been another exhausting week but has also turned out to be very inspiring. I sat through a meeting this week and witnessed a breakthrough you only see in the movies. Sometimes when I think miracles have all but died out, well, the Good Lord has other plans. This week I learned I need to be listening when someone jokes they need help and that no one, no one is beyond growing. 

No comments: