The above is the basket stash... the below the chicks put in place by bub when I went upstairs to get ready for Easter services. I love how the chick on the right looks like he is looking up and reading the 'write' can..
I had a conversation with my 11 year old boy the other day... I asked him what his plans were for Sat. it's spring break and he has either had a friend over or went to a friend's every day. he said he would be anxiously awaiting the Easter bunny. uh. now hubs and i have been debating when to 'have the talk' with him lately. hubs brought up the fact of the kid still talking of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. i brought up the fact the kid's in the 5th grade. anywho. i found this the perfect opportunity to broach the subject. 'you know their imaginary right?' says i, ' oh yeah but i really like still getting presents with their name on them from you, i think it's funny. i've known for about 2 years now when A told me at school.' whew!!
i finally got to painting some shoes i've had around for a few years because i loved them but they were too scuffed to wear. i saw a vendor at a craft fair back in Nov who painted her clogs and thought 'oh!' i didn't get quite so sparkly and weird but i've been looking for gray shoes and thought this might suffice~

i also finally got around to felting that left over hand knit sock that is way beyond wearing size. and another slipper sock that lost his mate last year.
so i've been following What I Wore Today for a few months now and Kasmira has inspired me to evolve my style to 'blog worthy.' i plan out my outfits, especially ones for special occasions like today, and i'm usually proud of them... but now that i'm cruising online fashion blogs i've come to realize i need to step it up some... and so today i bring you i first outfit posting... and i'm a little - ok alot nervous about putting myself out there. anywho...
yesterday i was sucked into Elle's video star videos and watched quite a few hairstyling ones so here is my inspiration put into practice...
and lastly some shots from my scrap day friday...
4 comments:
Hi! You thought of the idea of painting a shoes. You have a nice blog. I am now a follower.
Thanks Harsha! I wore the shoes yesterday and today and the painted cracked a little so I'm trying to come up with a new plan~
great shoes! Hello from "
SISTS saturday sharefest"
Wow, you were productive! Love the shoe transformation.
Happy SITS Sharefest! ;-)
Post a Comment