Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Old Girl

The big 4-0... and glad to be here.

Last week was spring break and we all lived it to the fullest. Sunday I headed to East Fork to camp(er) with a fellow friend who likes to read with her dogs around a campfire. We headed home on Tuesday and I saw the boys for about 3 hours before they headed out to fish Lake Cumberland. Wednesday I headed out to the Cincinnati Art Museum to see Monet's Giverney and then to the Museum Center to see the Day in Pompeii exhibit. Thursday I headed to Yolanda's for a crafternoon, dining on my fav Fusion sushi and A Sweet Life cupcakes. The boys came home that evening and we met up at the house on Friday to pack up the boys and girls and head to Deer Creek Lake for a cabin, some hiking and some fishing. Back home on Saturday to unpack and clean up for Easter services on Sunday and dinner at Hub's family's. Today is my actual birthday and Hub's took Stella for her first visit to the vet to confirm what we already knew. She is lab/pit, 4 months old and healthy. The vet said, "She has 3 of the markings of a pit: boxy head, ears and short hair. OH and they are my favorite breed. loyal, smart and obedient. A great combo." Then he brought home Sonic sparkling strawberry lemonade with vanilla and White Castle chicken o's.

Friday we stopped at the Ohio Thrift store in Washington Court House and I found a set of red vintage luggage cases, some H&M clothing, Cleopatra book and some silver Davis China candle holders I haven't been able to locate online.

Watched Something Borrowed and it infuriated me. Seriously. Chick crap.

Now Bub is hijacking my computer on the one day I was going to spend all day playing pinterest and blogging on it. Of course.

Ok sent him off to practice so catching up on posting pics...

This may not look so good but my goodness it was delicious. Hub's made it for his mother for her birthday.

 Valentine goodness...

 a few OOTDs 

Some thrifted goodness. I don't know why I can't walk off without these jugs. And this shadow box is a find!
 Oh some more OOTDs
 This is a new Anthro sweater and thrifted Ann skirt.
 I am so eternally grateful the new girl fits right in.


 A student of mine Sidney gave me handmade soap for Christmas.
 My fav Easter outfit

 Not a crime scene just a sugar crash.
 The first track meet.


 A coworker's pinterest checker cake.
 A couple of old flames

 a better pic of those Easter shoes
 Bub's gave me my first Bday present

 love it. 
Accidental screen shot turned good shot.
thursday play date with the cousins
 got a little crafting done




A few things from my fav store A Sweet Life, a Tea Cup bird feeder in my China pattern, a star table topper, present earrings, a new tissue cover, knit sock, and of course cookies and cupcakes.
 Friday we barely got home before Stella grabbed her leash and headed outside.
 On our way to Deer Creek
 Short stop at the thrift store. Coffee grinder score!
 Another quick stop for dog food and treats.
 Hey there Spring Chickens!






 How many times did we stop in at Frosties? Drinks, bait, dinner, lunch ... hard to say. They sell guns and ammo too just in case.

And if you need a place to stay they have that too.


 That's our cabin viewed from the lodge balcony.







 Easter Sunday with Grandma
 A visit with the Rises.
The girls were excited to go camping last Sunday
 Sometimes we sat and read
 and sometimes we just sat

 we made sure to wear ourselves out each day
 I finished both Sarah's Key and The Fault is in our Stars

 Ginger was sad to see us go
 Wednesday I went to the Art Museum and the Cinci Museum Center with friends
 Degas
 Matisse
 Rookwood
 This was my favorite

 I couldn't take a picture in the Monet room but this was the hallway into it and facinated me- cut paper ceiling.

 The Pompeii exhibit was breathtaking.

 My OOTD

 Stella sleeps. Alot.




No comments: