Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stella!

I missed my blog birthday this year!! February 28th we turned 2. What a lovely, therapeutic, introspective ride.

Yesterday I went to a lecture by this lovely woman, Marguerite Levy- Feibelman. She lived through World War 2 as a Jew. She wrote Whisper Your Name into My Ear which I will be reading TODAY. That's her son in the foreground. He is a professor at Chatfield College who hosted the event.
Tuesday I received this pic in my texts... she was headed to the pound if someone didn't come get her.
Guess who decided she wanted a friend...
Then someone who said he didn't want her suddenly said he was naming her Stella...
And he said he was going to raise this one...






Yesterday we took her for her first walk and it well better than could even be expected. Marina is a very good friend. She shows her where to sniff and such.


      I finished reading Delirium by Oliver, author of Before I Fall, and it was another enjoyable dystopian young adult novel. I will freely recommend it to lovers of Matched, etc.

John and I have been coleading a small group this month. Two weeks ago we shared our "Life Map" with the group. The idea is to get to know people on a more personal level in a small setting. It was good. I was nervous but it flowed and I think people saw us as more relate able afterward. It's been a long time since we've been in a group with friends who talk about God and how he has worked in our life. It felt good. It was really touching when one of our former students now there with his wife spoke up in the group and said he knew us a long time and even when he was in school he remembers the thought, "These are good people." Can't get a better compliment than that really.

No comments: