Saturday-
Last night after the boys shipped off for a fishing trip a friend/coworker and I met at 20 Brix for dinner. Bruchetta that was amazing with mushrooms and a fried egg, scallops, brussel sprouts, zucchini and cucumber, hot tea, lemon berry marscapone and 2 of the best wines I've ever tasted (bricco del sol Riesling, kerpen artist label moscato I think).
Afterward we came back to the house to watch The Help. Gorgeous movie with beautiful costuming and set design.
Today I worked in my room for awhile because, let's face it, it was a disaster after so many days away from home. I forget how crazy busy this time of the year is. And major work drama makes me long for the summertime pool lounging days I remember.
Listened to The Librarian: Quest for the Spear, Solomon's Mines, and Judas Chalice while working around my closet and laundry.
Oh and The Parent Trap- love that corny movie.
Fixed a pot of coffee to enjoy all day long as I meander around the house doing what needs to be done but not having to be in a hurry.
Sunday-
A stay at home Sunday since the boys are gone and I need some time to 'catch up' on this year's devotional read. The dogs would only let me stay in bed reading until 10:30ish, even after I took them out and came back up but still I made some headway and I'll finish up this evening before bed.
Made a batch of Butter Beer from Pinterest to enjoy today. Yowsers it's sweet and tasty.
Watched Best of Show this morning. Hilarious characterization.
I am Legend is on now. Such a good background movie to work with.
Last night after the boys shipped off for a fishing trip a friend/coworker and I met at 20 Brix for dinner. Bruchetta that was amazing with mushrooms and a fried egg, scallops, brussel sprouts, zucchini and cucumber, hot tea, lemon berry marscapone and 2 of the best wines I've ever tasted (bricco del sol Riesling, kerpen artist label moscato I think).
Afterward we came back to the house to watch The Help. Gorgeous movie with beautiful costuming and set design.
Today I worked in my room for awhile because, let's face it, it was a disaster after so many days away from home. I forget how crazy busy this time of the year is. And major work drama makes me long for the summertime pool lounging days I remember.
Listened to The Librarian: Quest for the Spear, Solomon's Mines, and Judas Chalice while working around my closet and laundry.
Oh and The Parent Trap- love that corny movie.
Fixed a pot of coffee to enjoy all day long as I meander around the house doing what needs to be done but not having to be in a hurry.
Sunday-
A stay at home Sunday since the boys are gone and I need some time to 'catch up' on this year's devotional read. The dogs would only let me stay in bed reading until 10:30ish, even after I took them out and came back up but still I made some headway and I'll finish up this evening before bed.
Made a batch of Butter Beer from Pinterest to enjoy today. Yowsers it's sweet and tasty.
Watched Best of Show this morning. Hilarious characterization.
I am Legend is on now. Such a good background movie to work with.
No comments:
Post a Comment