Monday, January 9, 2012

From where I stand

Mmm. Winter. But it's so warm it doesn't feel right yet and I'm sure soon I will be sorry I said that. Julie and Julia is on tonight. And I'm appropriately cleaning the kitchen as I watch/listen.
This Christmas brought my iPhone and Netflicks. Changes the way I see the world. We've already watched a few movies and TV shows via streaming. And yet when Julie came on I am compelled to watch now even though I'm sure I can access it anytime. Why is that? Comfort? Surprise?
Last semester I had a deluge of students who congregated behind my desk, wanting to talk to me or listen to me or just generally keep me from serious work. Unless it involved their homework. I struggled with this as I fell behind but felt like they needed me. Balance was not found. But with Bub's practices it worked out. I just worked hours after work. Then with the new semester classes shift and I've been plunging through work. Then today here comes a new batch and I start being firm. Find something to do. Alone. Independently. I have work to do. Then R. comes in and slinks into the chair by me.
What are you doing?
What's that book about?
You know they're making that into a movie?
R. I have to get some work done you've got to find something to do. Over there.
Slumped shoulders. Mrs. _ you don't understand. The library is my favorite place. I'm just so excited to be here.
R. what movie do you want to see... I just can't help myself.

I've been in a OOTD slump.
But while I was looking for my photos to upload I found a pic from 2005 with Hub's wearing a sweatshirt he claimed did not belong to him a few weeks ago when it turned up in our laundry. Scary guy.
The illustrations in my Cooking Through The Year Betty Crocker book are fab.

 Goofy family members.
 Some of the books I read this year. Just the ones I actually own.
 My new fav sweater from Anthro.

 And my Frye boots I could wear everyday.


No comments: