Sunday, January 1, 2012

Extended family

New year's day has been spent ringing in the year with hub's family- about 35 of us gathered in a living room, sipping grape juice and counting down. Bub's is in heaven with all the cousins and we get to socialize (watch football games, play scrabble) with adults. The other perk is we both have relatives in this small southern town so I went to visit my family as well. I visited with my mom, great aunt, second cousin and her husband (who both fixed us up with new years food like black eyed peas), my aunt and cousin. Lovely. Actually when we came into town and stopped to drop my mom off at my great aunts she had potato cakes waiting for me. Yums! Now we are on the long drive home. I'm catching up on mobs dick and thankful to get some time to read the immortal life of Henrietta lacks as well as take in a tv showing of confessions of a teenage Drama queen.

No comments: