Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Coming up daisies!


My girl is so glad to have us (somewhat) home for summer.

She even went on her first vacation last weekend when Bub's had a fishing tourney in Columbus. She stayed with Hub's when my parents and I visited the local farmer's market.

 We stopped at a few yard sales while Bub's was on the lake fishing and came across this amazing log cabin on a suburban street.
 I brought Bub's back a cupcake from Diva Desserts at the Clintonville Market.
 Unfortunately for him I did not see the lettuce was made of coconut. Fortunately for me it was :)
 Bub's went with me to Yo's to meet the new baby... Harley is another rescue.
 We visited Orange Leaf for the first time and it was scrumdidilylicious.
 I picked up this deliciousness (the cupcake not The cupcake) at The Sweeterie by the Dilly Deli where we had book club.
 An OOTD when I took Bub's to work Paddlefest.
 Saturday the girls picked me up to go to Findlay Market.



 Afterwards the boys picked me up to go to my brother in law's father's services. This is a wonderful picture of all of his kids including my BIL in the middle.
 Yesterday after spending 6 hours fishing in the rain Bub's still went with me to a friend's house and continued to fish. Of course it was sunny by then. How lovely are these radishes? Too bad I realized I'm not a fan of the peppery taste.
 I feasted instead on the bread from Findlay and some bruschetta salsa.


 I entertained M while she tried her hand at stuffed poblano peppers.
 And I am so gonna make this zuchinni pasta sauce goodness.


 this summer is coming up daisies



 Some recent goodies from yard sales.
 Our garden is coming up nicely.



I've been doing some reading lately. One of the benefits of summer.
The Night Bookmobile by Neffinger is a short, surprising graphic novel by the author of Time Traveler's Wife. It is... different.
Ice Cold by Gerritsen I finished in 2 days. The author created The Rizzolli and Isles characters on TNT and they differ greatly from the TV series.
The Awakening Land: The Trees by Richter is a classic based in the Ohio valley before it was settled. Good historical fiction that makes me so glad to be a woman living today and not back when we did all the work and the men made all the decisions.
Griffin and Sabine by Bantock is another 'graphic' novel. Maybe more like an illustrated story or a story written in art. Postcards to be more specific. Interesting.
Life is Good by Koontz or actually Koontz's dog. Main idea is just to enjoy life. Cute.

I missed an outfit from early June...


No comments: