Monday, May 2, 2011

Conversations

Our service this morning kicked off a new series, Misconceptions, starting with a conversation on racism today. The next three will be women's roles, the environment and finally homosexuality. I think our family will have some very interesting conversations in the next month. This afternoon I was chatting with my friendly neighbor who always comes out to greet me and Marina on our walks and the  series came up. He openly says he's racist. Then we talk. How do I feel about homosexuality he asks. I explain my theory of everyone falls into one of two groups. You believe homosexuals have a choice and they choose to be that way or you believe science and chemistry for the most apart make that decision for them. It is very difficult for one to move from one group to the other. We had an interesting conversation. He's a great guy and he makes me step outside of my academic mind and have a real conversation with someone very unlike me. And I'm not being a racist when I say that :)

It being the beginning of a new month and one that is about 31 days away from my life changing drastically from slaving away for an average of 12 hours a day to one of leisure I launched a new diet plan to drop about ten pounds in a month. I had turkey for breakfast. The boys stopped for their usual Sunday doughnuts. We lunched at Larosa's with Yo and had JoJo's salad- I could eat that everyday- garlic bread and BBQ chicken pizza. A better meal can not be found!

The boys left me alone to pick up our essentials at Kroger before we came home and crashed with joy at being home relatively early on a Sunday. I have about 3 pages of Project Runway DVRed so I set to work on that while 
I have enjoyed all things royal this past week and weekend, including the posting of this picture of the royal family knitted...
or how about the PDF version of the wedding program complete with map and itinerary?



No comments: