Finished McCall’s
Book of Everyday Etiquette: A guide to modern manners by Margaret Bevans. And yes I read the whole thing. Over the course of a few years but still. Currently I am at 48 books this year and I need to be
at 52 by end of Sep to make my goal of 70 books this year. Last year I read 60 and I knew I needed to step up my game. My friend B put me to shame last year after I was feeling pretty smug about how much I read. Then she told me her "number." I scrapped with her Saturday and mentioned this. She smirked as she told me she had already surpassed 70. Poop.
A few others I don't think I've mentioned...
Time for a change in the mantel. Not sure if I took pics of what it has been sporting lately.
Like the pics in jars? I like this one of me, my sister, and my dad...
but not so much this one of a very young teacher couple
A few others I don't think I've mentioned...
All
the Pretty Horses- McCarthy. Listened to Brad Pitt read the audio. Great voice... I mean story.
Jazz
Bird- Holden. Read for the staff and friends book club. Great regional read that mixes history and real life crime with an author's imaginings.
Still
Missing- Recommended by a friend. Fast and OK.
Living
Dead Girl- Scott. A YA read that is gripping and edgy and gets the girls attention. Spread quickly by word of mouth.
September means bare legs still but this week has gotten progressively colder so October will bring with it tights. Hubs says that's not a good thing. I didn't know he didn't like my tights. Maybe I'll wade in with leggings for awhile.Time for a change in the mantel. Not sure if I took pics of what it has been sporting lately.
Like the pics in jars? I like this one of me, my sister, and my dad...
but not so much this one of a very young teacher couple
Stopped at the local farmers' trucks today and met the lady of the farm we like. We buy corn off her son in town summers and stop at the farm and chat with her husband. Nice to meet his better half. Also supported an older challenged gentleman by buying a few smaller items. He was super appreciative. And although he had only a few items he was proud and chatty. Love him.
At the start of every year I walk around my library and lovingly greet all the books like children who've all come home for the holidays. Then they all start leaving again. About this time of year I remember those summer moments fondly as I go searching for books that aren't there. Sadness.
No comments:
Post a Comment