Friday, August 12, 2011

Book Club? Here? When?

I host the book club at my house about every other year. Hub's hates it. Well I do understand why but still. I see so many things that need to be done and upgraded and cooked and.... well you can see how this is not his favorite activity. So we were supposed to host in February and he begged another member to save him pleading mercy because he was down with the Achilles injury. So she did. And then our August place fell through so...

The day before the event he went to get a bucket truck and started cutting down trees.


 I was worried. I mean when I said, "Could you tidy up outside?" This is not what I meant. I called the neighbor who came over and "helped" with his one arm. I took photos in case he tried to argue in court. He looks willing doesn't he?
 Then as if that wasn't enough. They set fire to my backyard. Yeah. The day before. Brush pile - he said. Bull hockey- I said.

Well he did finish one gate on the fence. 

So on to the actual show...

 Zucchini Risotto. my first try at risotto



 Fellow teachers did not appreciate my countdown

 We discussed Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie



Some inspiration photos helped me with special touches...(again I have to find a way to track where they are from when I'm on the iPad... suggestions?)



No comments: