Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A few days away

Spending at few days at Yo's. Marina thought she was going to get left. Stared at me the whole time I packed up my art supplies. Came over Friday after zumba to help prepare for her and my mother's not red hat tea and pool party. (Apparently if you call yourself a red hat club you must pay hefty dues or they come after you. Who knew?) We went in search of a water aerobic worthy bathing suit that evening since my tankini did not do the job. I tried a few on shopping with Hubs but, oh my, one piece suits are visually disgusting. So I was delighted to find one at Jcpenneys and I gave it a test run Saturday at the pool party. Made a stop at Anthropology and Yo found me a pair of clogs marked down from $160 to $20. Seriously. Also an Odille top. Lovely.

Saturday's tea was gorgeous.  After kick starting the day off at 5 am - an hour I have not seen in a few months- we amped up on Starbucks when we picked up the cupcakes from A Sweet Life. This lady is really running one of my favorite shops. Cupcakes and handcrafted items. Since 3 friends are having girls in the next few months I can't help picking things up every time I go here.
It is always rewarding to put work into something people really appreciate and rarely get to enjoy and these ladies were so appreciative.
Then about 4 we headed to pick up bubs from a ranch in Indiana. A new friend he met through the fishing club. This guy is super polite and his parents invited us to come out early for a tour on the ATV. My sister, mom, and I drove out a little over an hour and enjoyed the views.

We stopped by steak and shake and took bubs to meet hubs at bass pro so they could fish a tournament at midnight. They won second place overall and big bass.

Sunday morning- I am alone dog sitting the dogs while Yo and her hubs go to the movies and my parents, who also stayed, went home. Six dogs all currently sleeping while i catch up on blogging and paper making.

No comments: