Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Safe Place

I'm plotting my NANOWRIMO novel... I think I'll just write everyday, some memoir, some sentence collection from my blog and journals. 15 mins a day just writing.

Guard what you say. You never know who is listening, who they are related to, and who they will repeat it to. You are creating a picture of yourself to those who overhear you.

Provide a safe place... I told Bub this awhile back when he had friends over and now I realize I need to do the same thing for teachers and for students.

So someone has me over a barrel so they treat me like crap. I can't really do much about it so I smile and move on. However I told a colleague and friend the situation and she was outraged. It made me feel so much better. I'm not just being sensitive. Now the person treating me like this can not be confronted so she probably thinks she's getting away with it but what she does not realize is that she did not completely steal my power. People know. They also realize you are the person who knows I can't fight back so you abuse me. So there's that.

Went to Books by the Banks this past weekend. I love being close to the authors. But I feel like if I poured my soul into writing a book, you came up to my table and then walked away I would follow you screaming, " what?!? you don't like it?!?! What don't you like?!?!" 

No comments: