Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bible Studies

Attended my first Beth Moore Bible study this evening. Not sure this is for me. Anymore it takes a lot to make me want to leave my family and pups and go out after I just got home from a long, exhausting, although enjoyable day at work. I'm looking for something personal, extra, insight, relationships. Instead I showed up to a room of a few other women who chatted a bit then we basically watched a video and said good night. Not what I was thinking. Of course it was my first night and I missed the first meeting last week so I didn't have any insights or learn anything the week before. Here's hoping this week in the workbook homework will sway me over to looking forward to this.
I am looking forward to another 'Bible' study I am currently 'in'. My friend G read a chronological Bible last year and said she was starting it again this year. I asked if I could join her. We'll be meeting in the next few weeks to discuss our month's reading. That should be interesting. I've been taking notes, and jotting down thoughts.
I'm seriously thinking next year I'll host a Bible study in my house, once a month. We'll read some selections and then we'll talk it over, dig in deep, relate.
Alrighty I'm off to read for the evening and sip on some throat soothing tea. Somethings caught in there and I'm hacking. 

No comments: