Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lived fully

We went to early service this morning because Bubs is going on a photo shoot with his girlfriend. Can't wait to see those pics. 

Hubs was talking about cussing today at dinner. Asked my opinion. Don't think he liked my answer. Drinking, cussing, and such- how does that rank with how you treat someone? If someone.. not my husband I promise… doesn't drink or cuss but does not reflect the love of Jesus to others, coworkers, family. Rather he drank and cussed and treated others and his family with love? Absolutely. Why do we equate drinking and cussing with those who don't know Jesus? I say that as I sit here with my computer, a good book and some spirits to imbibe. I don't think that reflects poorly on my relationship to Christ. But if I ignored my family, talked to them like dirt, treated them poorly and didn't imbibe then that's ok? That's Christlike? It's complicated. No I don't think I should go around cursing like it is normal conversation but I don't think cursing makes me a hypocrite when I pray or talk to others about Jesus. I don't. I think I can have a glass of wine while sitting next to someone and talk about how our spiritual lives. Why not? I'm not drunk with wine, I'm drinking a relaxing beverage. I think we are screwed up as a society deciding what is right or wrong for others while we spend way too little time living our authentic lives. 

Reading Unbroken by Hillenbrand for book club Thurs. I'm entangled in tartan throws, two dogs and pillows while the fire roars to our left and I keep seeing leaves fall beyond the picture window. I'm sipping a concoction called Bonfire, smelling a candle titled Cabin Fever and hearing the fire crackle. I'd say its a pretty good day. 

I want to work on being more honest. Saying what I'm thinking instead of having nothing to say. One life. Lived fully.

No comments: